Contribute
Register

Clover UEFI Dual Boot OS X Mavericks & Win 8.1 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double check BIOS to make sure rapid boot, secure boot and trusted platform options are disabled. I can't think of anything else to cause this behavior.

This did the trick and it works perfect. Thank you very much for the help.

The fix was going to the BIOS setup:
1. Select BIOS Features.
2. Select Windows 8 Features and pick Windows 8 from the list.
3. Right below Windows 8 Features select CSM Support and set to never.
4. Select Secure Boot and set to disable.

9grxJb6.jpg

1. Select BIOS Features.

9grxJb6.jpg

Just a quick question. How can the boot entries BOOT WINDOWS FROM EFI and BOOT UEFI INTERNAL EFI be hidden in clover? I have looked in the boot.log for these entries but nothing. I am trying to only have two selections to boot OS X and the other for Win8. Thanks

Just a quick question. How can the boot entries BOOT WINDOWS FROM EFI and BOOT UEFI INTERNAL EFI be hidden in clover? I have looked in the boot.log for these entries but nothing. I am trying to only have two selections to boot OS X and the other for Win8. Thanks

See the Clover WiKi for Hide Volumes

Is installing windows 8 first on clover better?
installing clover with windows and osx today
Installing Win8 + OSX I really, really, really recommend you use separate drives - save a lot of:banghead: now and more :banghead::banghead: down the road doing updates.

If installing on separate drives, then doesn't matter which you install first. Just make sure you have only the target drive connected when installing Win8 to prevent it putting volumes and boot files on other drives and royally screwing things up.

1. Select BIOS Features.

9grxJb6.jpg

Same problem here, but this solution does not solve my problem.

I'm not sure but I think that I have to reinstall Windows 8.1 is UEFI mode ¿What is the difference?

Same problem here, but this solution does not solve my problem.

I'm not sure but I think that I have to reinstall Windows 8.1 is UEFI mode ¿What is the difference?

Win8 installed Legacy mode has only 2 partitions on a drive - System Reserved and the main NTFS, with the boot files in the SR partition.
Win8 installed UEFI has a WinRe Tools + EFI partition + Microsoft Reserved partition + NTFS partition.

Booting UEFI on separate drives works OK. On same drive, getting Win8 and OS X to work together requires some work - see http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back