Contribute
Register

Clover UEFI Dual Boot OS X Mavericks & Win 8.1 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
This did the trick and it works perfect. Thank you very much for the help.

The fix was going to the BIOS setup:
1. Select BIOS Features.
2. Select Windows 8 Features and pick Windows 8 from the list.
3. Right below Windows 8 Features select CSM Support and set to never.
4. Select Secure Boot and set to disable.

9grxJb6.jpg

Thanks a lot! It worked for me!

Tried changing the bios settings as recommended but windows 8 will still not boot from clover bootloader. it hangs on a black screen with a square, grey and white windows icon.

Not sure if this means anything but my option is not "Boot Windows EFI from EFI" it's "Boot Windows from EFI"...

Would appreciate any advice to fix this, thanks.

EDIT: chose
"Boot Microsoft EFI bootloader from EFI" and it worked fine :)

Last edited:
Try going to bootloader and pressing down key on keyboard until it stops and is on exit, then press enter. This works for me every time when I have legacy Windows installed, with a UEFI OS X installed. Clover won't see a legacy Windows, so you must basically bypass it by exiting it and it may load for you.

Goodluck.

For anyone visiting this thread where weepowman3's BIOS solution didn't work:

I was having the exact same issue, and the solution posted by weemanpow3 didn't solve it. What fixed it for me was disabling the Intel Integrated Graphics (IGPU) through the BIOS since I have an external GPU (980 ti) connected.

Tried changing the bios settings as recommended but windows 8 will still not boot from clover bootloader. it hangs on a black screen with a square, grey and white windows icon.

Not sure if this means anything but my option is not "Boot Windows EFI from EFI" it's "Boot Windows from EFI"...

Would appreciate any advice to fix this, thanks.

EDIT: chose
"Boot Microsoft EFI bootloader from EFI" and it worked fine :)
Where I can see that option?

Where I can see that option?

The Clover boot selection screen has icons for booting Windows and OS X. You should have an OS X and maybe an OS X Recovery partition, then probably 3 or 4 Windows icons to pick from.

1. Select BIOS Features.

Thank you!!!!

Finally I'm dual booting El Capitan and Windows 10

1. Select BIOS Features.

9grxJb6.jpg
Worked perfectly! Had been at this for days!:banghead:

CSM Support & Secure Boot were already set as described in this post, but Windows 8 Features was set to "OtherOS". Now I can boot El Capitan & Windows 10 from Clover without issue. Thanks for posting this! :thumbup:

1. Select BIOS Features.

9grxJb6.jpg

Hi. Following the advice above, I set the CSM Support to Never in my BIOS (but I didn't do anything to the secure mode, don't know if it was Disabled or Enabled). When I rebooted the computer, my monitor didn't receive any input from the computer until the Mac login screen, therefore now I can't get into BIOS or Clover and I can't boot into Windows, only Mac.

Using UniBeast, I have installed El Capitan on a separate SSD, and Windows 10 on a separate SSD.
My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H,
my monitor
DELL U2412M,
my video card is
MSI GF GTX660

I started reading this thread because I couldn't boot into Windows from Clover menu. But then I accidentally pressed the quit button in Clover and that got me straight into Windows. So I thought I could work like that. But I still went into BIOS and and changed the CSM support to Never just to check if that could work for me too, but that got me into this big problem.

Is there a way of getting my monitor to work during the boot up? I've tried changing the DVI-D connection to VGA, that didn't change anything. I'll try connecting the monitor with DisplayPort or HDMI as soon as I get my hands on one of them.
Could it be that the advice to turn off CSM Support was meant only for Windows 8 not Windows 10? Or did I trigger the monitor issue just because I made a change in BIOS?

If anyone has any advice in this situation, I will really really appreciate it!!! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back