CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Context : I try a second time my transition from OSX 10.15 to macOS13 Ventura, from Clover to OpenCore. (First try in 2020).
I know, I am very late.
dortania is an incredible source of information.
I am in the process of transposing my SMBIOS information. For this part, I am slightly more comfortable with OpenCore Configurator than ProperTree for this part of the job specifically. OpenCore configurator offers to pre-fill the information for my computer definition (iMacPro1,1). So far I had been able to get iMessage/sms/iCloud working just fine.

Question:
Do I keep all the SMBIOS information I had with Clover in my new OpenCore installation, or can OpenCore's suggestions be more relevant and up-to-date than some of my old SMBIOS information?
From what I understand, the most important information to keep from my old configuration to my new installation is :
- System/Serial number
- System/Board Serial number
- System/UUID
Am I right? Is there any other ?

Some information seems to be encoded in a similar but not identical format. Like for example (Clover)Firmware/Firmware Features Mask = 0xFF9FFF3F. While in OpenCore it suggests (OpenCore)Firmware/Feature Mask = 3FFF9FFF 08000000. This makes me think that I should refrain from copying everything stupidly from Clover SMBIOS to OpenCore. (From one to the other the BIOS version format has nothing to do with it.) Do you have any advice on how to avoid making mistakes?

Where can I learn about the UpdateSMBIOSMode section of the PlatformInfo section?

Also, does GenSMBIOS have a "transpose SMBIOS (clover) into a config.plist for OpenCore" command? What? One can dream, no?
Thanks to all of you for your time.

Clover01.jpgOC01.jpg

Attachments

• clover-config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 23
  • OC-config.plist
    31 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Context : I try a second time my transition from OSX 10.15 to macOS13 Ventura, from Clover to OpenCore. (First try in 2020).
I know, I am very late.
dortania is an incredible source of information.
I am in the process of transposing my SMBIOS information. For this part, I am slightly more comfortable with OpenCore Configurator than ProperTree for this part of the job specifically. OpenCore configurator offers to pre-fill the information for my computer definition (iMacPro1,1). So far I had been able to get iMessage/sms/iCloud working just fine.

Question:
Do I keep all the SMBIOS information I had with Clover in my new OpenCore installation, or can OpenCore's suggestions be more relevant and up-to-date than some of my old SMBIOS information?
From what I understand, the most important information to keep from my old configuration to my new installation is :
- System/Serial number
- System/Board Serial number
- System/UUID
Am I right? Is there any other ?

Some information seems to be encoded in a similar but not identical format. Like for example (Clover)Firmware/Firmware Features Mask = 0xFF9FFF3F. While in OpenCore it suggests (OpenCore)Firmware/Feature Mask = 3FFF9FFF 08000000. This makes me think that I should refrain from copying everything stupidly from Clover SMBIOS to OpenCore. (From one to the other the BIOS version format has nothing to do with it.) Do you have any advice on how to avoid making mistakes?

Where can I learn about the UpdateSMBIOSMode section of the PlatformInfo section?

Also, does GenSMBIOS have a "transpose SMBIOS (clover) into a config.plist for OpenCore" command? What? One can dream, no?
Thanks to all of you for your time.
no, there is no transpose option, you have to copy and paste your serial numbers etc

Back