Contribute
Register

Clover dual boot High Sierra and Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, it seems to be the exact point! I will try that tonight! Thank you.

I've tried last night for several hours creating Windows entry.
Ubuntu "efibootmgr" command creates entries, but when I reboot the entries are deleted.

If I copy from Windows 10 disk the Boot/* and Microsoft directories to the Clover disk and rename "\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgr.efi" to "\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgr-orig.efi" then the Windows entry will show, but if I use it, there's a blue screen saying Windows cannot load and present some options for recovering, go into BIOS or reboot.

The only way to boot Windows stills being to boot via Sony's EFI menus and select "Recover Windows", this will boot to Clover with the Windows option that works. (or directly via USB drive, who shows the same Windows option).

I've tried last night for several hours creating Windows entry.
Ubuntu "efibootmgr" command creates entries, but when I reboot the entries are deleted.

It is relatively common for early UEFI implementations to have bugs (for example, the HP ProBook 4530s has issues, 4540s is better).
You might check for a BIOS update.

If I copy from Windows 10 disk

Wrong.
Rename the bootmgfw.efi that is present on the EFI/Microsoft/Boot.

and rename "\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgr.efi"

Most likely... wrong.
The file is bootmgfw.efi (bootmgfw.efi is 64-bit, bootmgr.efi is 32-bit).
Unless your computer has 32-bit UEFI (running 32-bit Windows?)

Sorry, just wrong copy and past, I used the right file (64-bit).

Unfortunately Sony does not support Vaio anymore:
BIOS Date: 03/4/2013
Version: R1021C8

What makes me crazy is: someway Clover is seen by EFI after I installed High Sierra.. in other words, in someway EFI has created the OSX options...

What makes me crazy is: someway Clover is seen by EFI after I installed High Sierra.. in other words, in someway EFI has created the OSX options...

It is normal. It is because the macOS installer created the UEFI entries.
You can remove them with efibootmgr in Linux or bcfg in the UEFI shell.

I see... but if macOS installer can create, there must be a way for manually creating too... I will still trying, if I find something I will reply.

Thanks for now.

I see... but if macOS installer can create, there must be a way for manually creating too... I will still trying, if I find something I will reply.

Thanks for now.

EFI boot entries can be created with efibootmgr (Linux) or bcfg in the UEFI shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back