Contribute
Register

Can't install / won't boot installer / restart on apple logo after one second

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood your BIOS choice as your Nvidia card that has had no kexts.

So for now boot with -v -x -f nv_disable=1

PEG= PCIE Graphics IGD= Integrated Graphic Device

Oh thank you for that piece of info! I would not have known. I managed to get my hackintosh booted using the flags: npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -x -v

Now all that's missing is to update mac os and install multibeast(?)

Oh thank you for that piece of info! I would not have known. I managed to get my hackintosh booted using the flags: npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -x -v

The most
important unfinished businesses for you will be to find out how to get and install Nvidia WEbdrivers for your Card. Plaese research from Tonymac and elsewhere for tips to do that.
Once you can get it installed you should jettison nv_disable=1 and use nvda_drv=1 asking the system to load the real driver from your Extension folder to get a smooth and good looking video monitor screen and webpages etc.

The flags you had to use to gert to desktop have to be eventually edited and added to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist using TextEdit

I guess you know all that stuff.

The most
important unfinished businesses for you will be to find out how to get and install Nvidia WEbdrivers for your Card. Plaese research from Tonymac and elsewhere for tips to do that.
Once you can get it installed you should jettison nv_disable=1 and use nvda_drv=1 asking the system to load the real driver from your Extension folder to get a smooth and good looking video monitor screen and webpages etc.

The flags you had to use to gert to desktop have to be eventually edited and added to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist using TextEdit

I guess you know all that stuff.

No point installing with web drivers for Nvidia, when he wants to update OS X first, this will end up duplicating the install of the web drivers. My Suggestion would be to update OS X keep booting from UniBeast and then install NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.3 (346.01.02) reading the guide thoroughly, maybe twice and for MultiBeast see How To Know What To Install With MultiBeast remembering to set IGPEnabler to No.

Mutibeast for Kexts available for onbaord devices + any Patches+ Chimera

You will also need to find nvidia webdriver for your video card and install . That is a big task. See forum posts as to how to get and how to install etc. Only then you can get good crisp monitor screen and browsing with video acceleration [QE/CI]. Once that is done boot flag changes to nvda_drv=1 [ basically telling system to use the nvidia driver you have installed in Extensions and enhance screen quality.] and replace the nv_disable=1 you used before
Once the system boots with the minimum number of essential flags, you need to edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to add the useful /essential flags in that file using TextEdit under <key>Kernel Flags</key> in its <string>nvda_drv=1 </string> with a space after the last one already there. Example there may be 2 or 3 flags, you just type space and add this one to its RIGHT. as the last one in that line of flags. This is to avoid having to type them at each boot time.

Hi again,

I'm running the latest version now and booted up from my usb drive with the flags: npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 nvda_drv=1 -x -v

I'm not really sure how to install the WebDrivers, would anyone be able to give me some instructions?
When trying to install I only get the error message that my OS version is not supported

My display is already in 1080p but still lags and is slow response

Hi again,

I'm running the latest version now and booted up from my usb drive with the flags: npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 nvda_drv=1 -x -v

I'm not really sure how to install the WebDrivers, would anyone be able to give me some instructions?
When trying to install I only get the error message that my OS version is not supported

My display is already in 1080p but still lags and is slow response
Take a look here Solving NVIDIA driver install problems

Hey guys

after a few restarts & configs I finally got the graphics, sound and ethernet working great!
The system is super fast and hasn't crashed yet on me.

I'm only facing one more issue (I can still live with it lol) that my other two monitors are rendered useless since they are not being detected by the os. I have three LG Monitors 22EA53 two connected via DVI (one of the DVI Screens is working) and the third connected over HDMI

[HDMI - not working][DVI - working][DVI - not working]

The middle display is connected to PORT 1 DVI on my GTX 970. I have noticed that HDMI and all other ports are "inactive"

I managed to install the drivers version 346.01.02f2 and only using the bootflag nvda_drv=1 :) I have already tried disconnecting screens / reconnecting etc but still nothing happens :/

Hey guys

after a few restarts & configs I finally got the graphics, sound and ethernet working great!
The system is super fast and hasn't crashed yet on me.

I'm only facing one more issue (I can still live with it lol) that my other two monitors are rendered useless since they are not being detected by the os. I have three LG Monitors 22EA53 two connected via DVI (one of the DVI Screens is working) and the third connected over HDMI

[HDMI - not working][DVI - working][DVI - not working]

The middle display is connected to PORT 1 DVI on my GTX 970. I have noticed that HDMI and all other ports are "inactive"

I managed to install the drivers version 346.01.02f2 and only using the bootflag nvda_drv=1 :) I have already tried disconnecting screens / reconnecting etc but still nothing happens :/

Very Glad you finally got most of the things fixed.
I hope you have followed the very sane advice you got from the Moderator wildwillow about first performing apple update to the latest Yosemite 10.10.3 before installing the Webdriver to avoid future need for a complicated reinstall.

Good luck.

Yes :) I've read many threads and carefully updated & installed. It all worked out great in the end :) I've never seen such a powerful mac haha :D

Just need to find a solution for my multi monitor setup now, do you maybe know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back