1. MacBook Pro
Hi guys,
I'm having a "huge?" problem installing Yosemite on my build. Here are my specs

• Motherboard: MSI Z97 GAMING 3
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
  • CPU: Intel 4770k i7
  • Ram: 16GB
  • HDD: Samsung Evo 500GB
My problem is that everytime I boot into my UniBeast Flash Drive with Yosemite I can get to the bootloader and select the drive I want to boot from. I select the Yosemite install and only see the apple logo appear for around 1 second. I've tried many boot flags
I looked with verbose mode and had to record the (error) with my phone to be able to read it: Starting Darwin x86_64
after that my pc restarts I already tried npci=0x2000 -v kext-dev-mode nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No
I've also tried the Clover guide on TonyMacx86 but had no success I only got to the middle of the loading bar on boot and then restart.
I hope you can help me since I've been trying everything for ages now. Thanks!

Hi guys,
I'm having a "huge?" problem installing Yosemite on my build. Here are my specs

• Motherboard: MSI H97 GAMING 3
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
  • CPU: Intel 4770k i7
  • Ram: 16GB
  • HDD: Samsung Evo 500GB
My problem is that everytime I boot into my UniBeast Flash Drive with Yosemite I can get to the bootloader and select the drive I want to boot from. I select the Yosemite install and only see the apple logo appear for around 1 second. I've tried many boot flags
I looked with verbose mode and had to record the (error) with my phone to be able to read it: Starting Darwin x86_64
after that my pc restarts I already tried npci=0x2000 -v kext-dev-mode nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No
I've also tried the Clover guide on TonyMacx86 but had no success I only got to the middle of the loading bar on boot and then restart.
I hope you can help me since I've been trying everything for ages now. Thanks!

after that my pc restarts

From your description the problem seems to be Kernel Panic.
Unless we can find the cause of KP, it is not possible to suggest the best next step to overcome that problem.

The best tool to communicate that error you can see on your Monitor display is to share a legible photo uploaded through the File Attachment tool here.

In some cases of Kernel Panic due to Memory allocation problem like deadbeef , the line of error may run at the very top where we may not be able to spot while that line of text is running so fast but a camera may be able to capture the line and we can see the photo to identify that and offer Boot flags to stop that fatal error.
Pls Take a legible photo and upload.
Someone reading your post and viewing the image may be able to help you.
Good luck

Thank you for the reply, here is the image i could capture:
unnamed-1.png

Thank you for the reply, here is the image i could capture:
View attachment 141257

I'm sorry I could not read the text very clearly .
I did not see any Kernel Panic Message as far as I could read from the very blurred text.

I also would suggest to take a better look at the BIOS setup for any missed Options or wrong options for OSX installation which is another cause for sudden shut down or reboot without any clear error messages on Screen.

Let someone else who is just come take a look too to offer help. My tired eyes can miss things that are very subtle:(

Sorry for the image being blurred, I checked and there are no kernel panics etc. It all looks pretty normal.

Should I reset my bios settings and then re configure them? If so what would I need to look out for?

Sorry for the image being blurred, I checked and there are no kernel panics etc. It all looks pretty normal.

Should I reset my bios settings and then re configure them? If so what would I need to look out for?

I need to look at the MoBo Manual dealing with BIOS options.
In the mean time what is your MoBO BIOS version.
I guess they have a 2015 release with Version #1.6.
Please verify your current BIOS Version and post here.
In the mean time let me find from the net PDF file of your Manual and look at the BIOS Menu to see if I can see something you could have overlooked/missed that can happen to anyone. I tell myself, the best next test is always a second or third look at what you have been doing till that point and not trying something new!

Thank you for helping out! I just checked and reset my Bios config, since I haven't got the CFG Lock option I think that might be causing the issue.

I'm currently running the version E7918IMS V2.3 as my bios says. I'm going to see if there are any updates

MSI Z 87 needs Patched BIOS to boot Yosemite. please read about BIOS patching of MSI Z87 and do the patch before doing anything else. You might upgrade BIOS version if needed and see if it can fix the issue before patching

MSI Z 87 needs Patched BIOS to boot Yosemite. please read about BIOS patching of MSI Z87 and do the patch before doing anything else. You might upgrade BIOS version if needed and see if it can fix the issue before patching

Thank you so much, this solved my problem! I had to disable the CFG Lock and that wasn't included in my version of the bios. After the upgrade I can now disable it and finally boot into the setup using the flags: npci=0x2000 -v kext-dev-mode nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Thank you!! :thumbup: I will keep you updated how my setup goes :beachball:

HTML:

Okay I have installed OS X but am Now failing to do the first boot, I checked with -v and it's stuck at the error

Code:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugIn::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed ou[COLOR=#000000]t[/COLOR]
WARNING: IOPlatformPlugmPlugInUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
--power management may be incomplete or unsupported

And
HTML:
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

Any suggestions? :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back