Contribute
Register

Can't install / won't boot installer / restart on apple logo after one second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much, this solved my problem! I had to disable the CFG Lock and that wasn't included in my version of the bios. After the upgrade I can now disable it and finally boot into the setup using the flags: npci=0x2000 -v kext-dev-mode nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Thank you!! :thumbup: I will keep you updated how my setup goes :beachball:

Thank you for posting back to update what you did to fix the problem . I will watch the thread.

My routine for install is a mental check list like
  • What MOBO, CPU, Graphic Card and RAM will best suite for my latest OSX and check the Forum for some answers before I buy.
  • What Installer I will use Unibeast or Clover?
  • What version of the software to create the installer?
  • What is the Optimum BIOS Version and BIOS settings for this installer to reach the Bootloader's boot menu screen? Check from Forums what the pioneers/Experts in this area have done
  • From Boot Menu what types of Flags can take the Installer to System Installer screen based on Verbose boot Image? Research if needed.
  • Once The System Disk is ready with the OSX on it , how to get it through the same path the Installer took until it reaches smoothly to Log-in screen?
  • What Kexts I can get from Multibeast for the Motherboard's embedded devices like Ethernet, Graphics, Sound ,
  • What other Patches Multibeast can offer to my MoBO like for PWR Management , Sound or Graphics
  • Where should I load the Boot Loader from Multibeast, the default or EFI?
  • Do I have an Internet Connection already or do I need to reboot to come back
  • What additional Drivers I need that I can download with my Internet access? What tweaking software like Kext wizard ?
  • Do I get any Booting Problem once I have to use the System OSX Disk without Installer?
  • How to troubleshoot and fix
When I ask for help, I list the Options I had chosen from the above List along with MoB , CPU, Graphics RAM, HDD types to facilitate a fast response .

Thanks again, I'm just wondering if you saw my latest post?

"

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by cmn699
MSI Z 87 needs Patched BIOS to boot Yosemite. please read about BIOS patching of MSI Z87 and do the patch before doing anything else. You might upgrade BIOS version if needed and see if it can fix the issue before patching

Okay I have installed OS X but am Now failing to do the first boot, I checked with -v and it's stuck at the error

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugIn::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed ou[COLOR=#000000]t[/COLOR]
WARNING: IOPlatformPlugmPlugInUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
--power management may be incomplete or unsupported[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

[/COLOR]

"

I'm currently running it with UniBeast. Should I give Clover a go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I have installed OS X but am Now failing to do the first boot, I checked with -v and it's stuck at the error

Code:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugIn::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed ou[COLOR=#000000]t[/COLOR]
WARNING: IOPlatformPlugmPlugInUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
--power management may be incomplete or unsupported

And
HTML:
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

Any suggestions? :?:

This is a Video card related freeze.
see if you can use -x -f -v and proceed. . This is not related to your installer's Bootloader Chimera vs Clover . -x is Safe mode -f not to load Cache that may have bad video drivers and attach image if it freezes. If you are more comfortable with a Clover Installer, you may choose that. Bout it is not for the present issue.

If it freezes, the stop is for like 5-6 mnts and no HDD LED , no USB Installer LED activities; otherwise it is still processing data.

I've tried the boot flags but it's still stuck with the same issue :/

And yes there is no activity, it's been on for around 10 mins but no change or activity

In the BIOS your selection of Video card is PCIE not IGD , Right?

I am not sure where to find that setting, the only one I could find was under Settings/Advanced/Integrated Graphics Configuration

Initiate Graphic Adater (PEG <- selected ) IGD

But I have a dedicated GFX Card so I'm not sure if it's the right setting

If you have chosen your add on Nvidia GXT 970 , and since you have not loaded any kexts for that the Video can cause that error. To overcome you need to disable the extrafeatures of the card (the video acceleration) by the flag nv_disable=1 with then others

I am not sure where to find that setting, the only one I could find was under Settings/Advanced/Integrated Graphics Configuration

Initiate Graphic Adater (PEG <- selected ) IGD

But I have a dedicated GFX Card so I'm not sure if it's the right setting

PEG= PCIE Graphics IGD= Integrated Graphic Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back