Contribute
Register

Can't get into High Sierra update installer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H110M-K
CPU
i5 6400
Graphics
GT-730
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So today i downloaded High Sierra setup on my working Sierra hackintosh removed any additional kexts and installed the latest version of Clover bootloader I ran the setup and after restart when i selected Install OS X from disk in the clover the apple logo and the loading bar appears and i couldn't get into the installer i also tried the nvidia disable code but i couldn't get in. i ran it in verbose mode and this is where it got stuck.
My Specs:
Core i5 6400
Asus H110M-K Motherboard
8 GB Ram
Gigabyte GT-730 2 GB DDR-3 Graphics Card
Any Help would be appreciated
Thank You in Advance!

Attachments

• 032B63BE-95B4-4F8E-82BB-4611D5D3315F.jpeg
    032B63BE-95B4-4F8E-82BB-4611D5D3315F.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 274
  • config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 222
So today i downloaded High Sierra setup on my working Sierra hackintosh removed any additional kexts and installed the latest version of Clover bootloader I ran the setup and after restart when i selected Install OS X from disk in the clover the apple logo and the loading bar appears and i couldn't get into the installer i also tried the nvidia disable code but i couldn't get in. i ran it in verbose mode and this is where it got stuck.
My Specs:
Core i5 6400
Asus H110M-K Motherboard
8 GB Ram
Gigabyte GT-730 2 GB DDR-3 Graphics Card
Any Help would be appreciated
Thank You in Advance!
Post config.plist

Here it is I haven't made any changes to it.
I made a few changes to your config.plist, before attempting to update to 10.13 make sure that you have
  • Updated to the latest FakeSMC in both /Library/Extensions + /efi/clover/kexts/other and also removed FakeSMC plugins
  • Installed recent apfs.efi to /efi/clover/drivers64uefi
If you cannot reach the installer, press F2 at the Clover boot menu to save the preboot.log to /efi/clover/misc/preboot.log then upload your clover folder with the 'themes' folder removed

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 280
I made a few changes to your config.plist, before attempting to update to 10.13 make sure that you have
  • Updated to the latest FakeSMC in both /Library/Extensions + /efi/clover/kexts/other and also removed FakeSMC plugins
If you cannot reach the installer, press F2 at the Clover boot menu to save the preboot.log to /efi/clover/misc/preboot.log then upload your clover folder with the 'themes' folder removed
I don't wanna update to apsf file system so is it necessary to install apfs.efi as i am using old hard drive not ssd and btw thanks for the help i will try updating my system tomorrow

I don't wanna update to apsf file system so is it necessary to install apfs.efi as i am using old hard drive not ssd
Only necessary for booting from APFS.

So i followed your guide and was successful in updating but after update when i selected boot os x from *disk* all i can get to is a black screen with my cursor on the top left corner after the apple logo boot screen!!!

Attachments

• 4BC3B22A-86FB-487A-A26C-391C739E8F08.jpeg
    4BC3B22A-86FB-487A-A26C-391C739E8F08.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 267
So i followed your guide and was successful in updating but after update when i selected boot os x from *disk* all i can get to is a black screen with my cursor on the top left corner after the apple logo boot screen!!!
This is usually blamed on Nvidia's web drivers. The first thing to try might be booting with a single monitor attached to different ports and see if you can get video output that way. Even disconnecting and reconnecting once you have reached that IOConsoleUsers output might work. If not see if you get the login window from safe boot.

This is usually blamed on Nvidia's web drivers. The first thing to try might be booting with a single monitor attached to different ports and see if you can get video output that way. Even disconnecting and reconnecting once you have reached that IOConsoleUsers output might work. If not see if you get the login window from safe boot.
I have tried booting into safe boot doing that i just get stuck at the apple logo with the bar 3/4 complete and i also have tried plugging the dvi cable directly to my mobo but i again got stuck on the boot screen i also disabled nvidia graphics in clover i will try disconnecting and reconnecting the cable after reaching the black screen.

Okay so i tried rebooting into safe mode and after the boot screen my monitor stopped receiving any signal i tried to replug the cable many times! Btw thanks for the help:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back