Contribute
Register

Cannot boot without USB Clover (Sierra 10.12.5) PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B150M Gaming M3
CPU
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7Ghz Quad Core
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 980Ti Classified ACX 2.0+ 6GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first time installing Hackintosh since I have an Intel based computer now. With theese specs:

AFleaf
CPU
:Intel Core i5 6400 @ 2.7Ghz Cooled By Corsair H60i Watercooler
AFleaf
RAM:16GB DDR4 2133Mhz Crucial
AFleaf
MAINBOARD:MSI B150M Gaming M3 SOCKET 1151
AFleaf
GPU:NVidia Geforce GTX 980Ti 6GB GDDR5 Classified by EVGA
AFleaf
SSD:480GB Corsair Force SSD
AFleaf
PSU:850W EVGA Supernova G2 80+ Gold
AFleaf
CASE:Fractal Design Define S Blackout

Now the problem that I have is that when I try to boot my computer without the USB Clover I can not find the drive. I get the "select a proper boot drive and restart" message. But when I try to start with the USB Clover, it is no problem. I have installed a EFI boot only with the Multibeast (Sierra version). As you can see View media item 189019 (on the pictures) there is an EFI file on the SSD, though there is only an empty folder with EFI-Backups in the USB CloverView media item 189020 (I am adding this information because I have seen that you can copy the USB Clover EFI to your SSD (Main drive) and boot via that). Nothing works for me, I have tried to search up and down on the web, but there is not much info on my problem. I also installed the latest Nvidia Drivers but MacOS is not recognizing it properly.View media item 189021
Please help me! All help is highly appreciated.

Last edited:
View media item 189020View media item 189021View media item 189019
This is my first time installing Hackintosh since I have an Intel based computer now. With theese specs:

AFleaf
CPU
:Intel Core i5 6400 @ 2.7Ghz Cooled By Corsair H60i Watercooler
AFleaf
RAM:16GB DDR4 2133Mhz Crucial
AFleaf
MAINBOARD:MSI B150M Gaming M3 SOCKET 1151
AFleaf
GPU:NVidia Geforce GTX 980Ti 6GB GDDR5 Classified by EVGA
AFleaf
SSD:480GB Corsair Force SSD
AFleaf
PSU:850W EVGA Supernova G2 80+ Gold
AFleaf
CASE:Fractal Design Define S Blackout

Now the problem that I have is that when I try to boot my computer without the USB Clover I can not find the drive. I get the "select a proper boot drive and restart" message. But when I try to start with the USB Clover, it is no problem. I have installed a EFI boot only with the Multibeast (Sierra version). As you can see (on the pictures) there is a EFI file on the SSD, though there is only an empty fold with EFI-Backups in the USB Clover (I am adding this information because I have seen that you can copy the USB Clover EFI to your SSD (Main drive) and boot via that). Nothing works for me, I have tried to search up and down on the web, but there is not much info on my problem. I also installed the latest Nvidia Drivers but MacOS is not recognizing it properly.

Please help me! All help is highly appreciated.

• You have to 'mount' the 'EFI Partition ' of the Sierra USB installer on the Desktop by using Clover Configurator or EFI Mounter V3 ( both downloadable from the Internet) .
  • Once you mount the "EFI Partition" on the desktop and then click it, you will see the "EFI" folder showing up next to "EFI Backups" folder.
  • "EFI Backups" folder is a dummy Folder which will have contents only when you update the current "Clover EFI Bootloader".

• You have to 'mount' the 'EFI Partition ' of the Sierra USB installer on the Desktop by using Clover Configurator or EFI Mounter V3 ( both downloadable from the Internet) .
  • Once you mount the "EFI Partition" on the desktop and then click it, you will see the "EFI" folder showing up next to "EFI Backups" folder.
  • "EFI Backups" folder is a dummy Folder which will have contents only when you update the current "Clover EFI Bootloader".

I copied the EFI folder on the EFI driver (Which I managed to mount) into the Macintosh SSD (As seen on the picture). Have I done the right thing?

I gave up, this thing is unberably frustrating, I'm going back to Windows 10.

I gave up, this thing is unberably frustrating, I'm going back to Windows 10.
Creating Hackintosh out of non-mac hardware is not an easy task especially for those new to this, but not impossible in most cases if one is willing to learn and devote time and effort and use the resources from this Forum like the Guide(s) .

There is no comparison between building a Windows 10 computer using the hardware specifically made for that using Windows 10 DVD and creating Hackintosh Sierra on the same hardware using self created installer disk and other non-apple software.
If you can upload the EFI folder from the USB installer that was used to install your system to this Forum, someone can take a look and suggest possible solution .

But if you are not willing to take some hardship and frustration, hackintosh is not for you and as you suggested, you would be better off staying with Windows 10.:)

Just looking at your pictures you're mounting the USB EFI partition and not the hard drive. Look at the icon and that's how you can tell.
Don't need to copy anything anyway. Just mount the EFI partition with Clover and then with Multibeast pick the right options and have them installed. Remember to run the command line kext stuff. When you reboot you should be fine

I copied the EFI folder on the EFI driver (Which I managed to mount) into the Macintosh SSD (As seen on the picture). Have I done the right thing?

Creating Hackintosh out of non-mac hardware is not an easy task especially for those new to this, but not impossible in most cases if one is willing to learn and devote time and effort and use the resources from this Forum like the Guide(s) .

There is no comparison between building a Windows 10 computer using the hardware specifically made for that using Windows 10 DVD and creating Hackintosh Sierra on the same hardware using self created installer disk and other non-apple software.
If you can upload the EFI folder from the USB installer that was used to install your system to this Forum, someone can take a look and suggest possible solution .

But if you are not willing to take some hardship and frustration, hackintosh is not for you and as you suggested, you would be better off staying with Windows 10.:)

I am going to try again, could you help me modify the EFI to make it work? I would really appreciate it :) I'll have to make a new bootable USB though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back