Contribute
Register

Brightness control for HD4k 0x01660003

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes me think this device doesn't need the OS to load firmware for it. The one I have changes IDs after the firmware is loaded (on Windows too). I think the one you have is a different animal.

What do you mean?
What animal?
._.

What do you mean?
What animal?
._.

"Different animal" or "Very different animal" or "Different sort of animal" is common English idiom that means "completely different."

"Different animal" or "Very different animal" or "Different sort of animal" is common English idiom that means "completely different."

then.. it won't work?

then.. it won't work?

I don't know. If it can it will require more searching, reading, and experimenting.

Part of the battle is done, in that your BT is detected in System Info, probably because the firmware is already there. But why it doesn't work is a mystery. It could be that the firmware already there isn't very good.

Have you tried different devices? Maybe you have a compatibility problem with your specific device. For example, although I have BT "working" on my ProBook it doesn't connect to my Windows Phone, and although it can connect to an Apple BT keyboard, it doesn't work very well (tons of dropped and repeated keystrokes). What kind of devices are you trying to use with it?

And... I have no other BT devices. I used to have a BT Microsoft Mouse but the lag was so bad (with Windows) that I sold it on ebay.

I don't know. If it can it will require more searching, reading, and experimenting.

Part of the battle is done, in that your BT is detected in System Info, probably because the firmware is already there. But why it doesn't work is a mystery. It could be that the firmware already there isn't very good.

Have you tried different devices? Maybe you have a compatibility problem with your specific device. For example, although I have BT "working" on my ProBook it doesn't connect to my Windows Phone, and although it can connect to an Apple BT keyboard, it doesn't work very well (tons of dropped and repeated keystrokes). What kind of devices are you trying to use with it?

And... I have no other BT devices. I used to have a BT Microsoft Mouse but the lag was so bad (with Windows) that I sold it on ebay.

I'm connecting to my Mobile Phone (not iOS nor Android, just an old mobile phone) and my PC (using BT dongle) and won't find my devices. I have set them to Discovered and nothing happened.

I'm connecting to my Mobile Phone (not iOS nor Android, just an old mobile phone) and my PC (using BT dongle) and won't find my devices. I have set them to Discovered and nothing happened.

If you can find a regular BT mouse/keyboard, you might try that. Something simple to start out with... That would help verify whether it is just not compatible with the devices you're trying.

If you can find a regular BT mouse/keyboard, you might try that. Something simple to start out with... That would help verify whether it is just not compatible with the devices you're trying.

I don't have BT mouse/keyboard..
-_-
Btw I have to use the BT dongle from my PC to connect to my devices (need to turn off that integrated BT)

RehabMan, how to fix the Battery?
it's not showing the correct capacity in here..
always 0%

RehabMan, how to fix the Battery?
it's not showing the correct capacity in here..
always 0%

You need to replace Apple battery manager with ACPI standards-based one: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver

And usually, you also need DSDT patches to convert any access to EC registers that are greater than 8-bit (eg. 16, 32, 64, or 128-bit access) to 8-bit access. The specifics of that depend on your DSDT. It is not difficult to accomplish if you either find a patch already done by someone else, or have some programming experience and a little knowledge of ACPI spec.

You need to replace Apple battery manager with ACPI standards-based one: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver

And usually, you also need DSDT patches to convert any access to EC registers that are greater than 8-bit (eg. 16, 32, 64, or 128-bit access) to 8-bit access. The specifics of that depend on your DSDT. It is not difficult to accomplish if you either find a patch already done by someone else, or have some programming experience and a little knowledge of ACPI spec.

How to do it?
I'm new on xCode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back