Contribute
Register

Brightness control for HD4k 0x01660003

Status
Not open for further replies.
...but his DSDT is strange, the RP0x devices have no PXSX and adding one dosn't work, in fact no injection for even cosmetics even work for his.

According to his ioreg, it is WLAN under RP02.

RehabMan, I have tried your IOath3k kext and not working
the Info.plist is same with my Info.plist that I gave to you
Now the Bluetooth is not detected

RehabMan, I have tried your IOath3k kext and not working
the Info.plist is same with my Info.plist that I gave to you
Now the Bluetooth is not detected

Need output from IOath3kfrmwr (debug version) in system.log at cold boot or wake from sleep.

Need output from IOath3kfrmwr (debug version) in system.log at cold boot or wake from sleep.

Do I have to boot it n Verbose Mode?

Do I have to boot it n Verbose Mode?

No. Just go into Console.app, click on system.log and then filter for 'ioath'...

Attachments

• DSDT + ioath.zip
    28.5 KB · Views: 99
btw the BT is ON and Discovered
But it still won't found any devices

btw the BT is ON and Discovered
But it still won't found any devices

Firmware upload is failing:
Code:
Jun 19 18:53:45 DanN7s-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: local_IOath3kfrmwr(0xffffff8007ae8300)::start - failed to write firmware to bulk pipe (err:-536854447, block:65, to_send:1024)
Jun 19 18:53:45 DanN7s-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: local_IOath3kfrmwr(0xffffff8007ae8300)::detach

You might try changing the PipeNumber (we found one device using PipeNumber 0; you will see it in the Info.plist).
You have to do it w/ trial and error.

Or maybe your device does not accept firmware uploads? Maybe it has built-in firmware (as evidenced by your BT being on; is that the same w/o IOath3kfrmwr.kext?) Or since this failure is happening towards the end of the firmware transfer (at block 65), it could be that it has limited firmware capabilites (64K limit?), or that it just doesn't like this firmware?

I would try different pipe numbers and see what happens...

Here's the DSDT and the IOath

BTW, you should try changing your WLAN device-id... currently you have:
Code:
                                "device-id", 
                                Unicode ("2"), // same as Buffer() { 0x32, 0, 0, 0 }
                                "device_type", 

The Unicode("2") will give you 168c:0032 which has no chance of working with vanilla AirPortAtheros40.kext.

You will find it in your DSDT by searching for WLAN, then look for the _DSM method under that device.

Try changing it to 168c:0030 instead:
Code:
                                "device-id", 
                                Unicode ("0"), // same as Buffer() { 0x30, 0, 0, 0 }
                                "device_type", 

I still don't think it will work, as we have tried the same with the ProBook 4x40s which many come with AR9485 and the AR9485 does not seem compatible with the AirPortAtheros40.kext driver. But it is worth a try....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back