Contribute
Register

Brightness control for HD4k 0x01660003

Status
Not open for further replies.
DanN7,

What is your latest status with the Wifi and bluetooth card? I have an Asus S550C with the same combo and I'm looking also for a solution (prior to take it apart and replace it with another combo).

Thanks,

DanN7,

What is your latest status with the Wifi and bluetooth card? I have an Asus S550C with the same combo and I'm looking also for a solution (prior to take it apart and replace it with another combo).

Thanks,

If it is AR9485 WiFi, it won't work. You need to replace it...

If it is AR9485 WiFi, it won't work. You need to replace it...

Ok, thanks. Since I saw a comment about patching the DSDT I was wondering if it was worth making a try before replacing it.

Ok, thanks. Since I saw a comment about patching the DSDT I was wondering if it was worth making a try before replacing it.

You can try if you like, but many people have tried and it just does not seem compatible with the drivers provided in ML.

@Rehabman
Hello, excuse me, a question: what change if i use clover instead chameleon as bootloader?
It's possible that dsdt or kexts don't work properly with clover but well whit chameleon?
(sorry for my english)
Thanks

@Rehabman
Hello, excuse me, a question: what change if i use clover instead chameleon as bootloader?
It's possible that dsdt or kexts don't work properly with clover but well whit chameleon?
(sorry for my english)
Thanks

I would not recommend Clover. It is new (buggy) and fairly difficult to configure. You could always try, but I'm not sure if there are any benefits.

Hi Dan, excuse me but i need your help.
It's possible see your dsdt because i haven't solve my trouble whit battery percentage and usb 3.0.
If you want you can find here my dsdt, ssdt and kext.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8MlesrvenvSSENnVmQ4TE85RXM&usp=sharing
My bootloader is clover.
thanks

Luke, I use RehabMan's ACPI Battery + 10.6.8 Rollback. Caution. Using 10.6.8 Rollback will disable your Speedstep.
About the USB 3, I only use GenericUSBXHCI.kext. I haven't test the USB 3 because I don't have devices with USB 3.

Hi, Rehabman.

I have an ASUS A46CA and almost work on all with DSDT

What it worked:
>Integrated Camera
>Keyboard and Multi-Touch pad + gestures
>Fn (Moved to the Context menu + fx)
>Sound (Integrated Speaker + Integrated Mic)
>HD4000 (Device-properties 0x01660003)
>Speedstep (SSDT suggestion from mrkonow)
>Sleep
>Ethernet (it will scramble the IP if I unplug and re-plug the cable while on OS X)
>Brightness control (added PNLF on DSDT)
>USB3 Detected (haven't tested it yet) (Thanks to RehabMan for the GenericUSBXHCI.kext)
>LID Sleep (don't know what did I do, only make the build almost 100% Vanilla (I'm using Injectors like Voodoo))
>Battery Percentage Detected (VoodooBattery + custom AppleACPIPlatform)
>Headphone solved, even get sound after sleep (from patched AppleHDA into VoodooHDA. Thx to PJALM for suggesting Vanilla Build)

What it don't worked:
>WiFi (AR9485) (Detected but no drivers) + Bluetooth (detected but won't search and receive) <- it's combo (AR9004WB)
>Realtek SD Card Reader (Not detected)

Thx for helping :)

EDIT 1: DSDT edit is made by PJALM
EDIT 2: Brightness control solved and added to PJALM's repo
EDIT 3: xHCI enabled with GenericUSBXHCI.kext
EDIT 4: SD Card Reader not detected
EDIT 5: The WiFi is with BT (Combo), Headphone solved, Lid Sleep enabled, Battery solved

HiDanN7,

Can you share you share your kext, DSDT or others setting about installing hackintosh on your ASUS A46CA? I have one, got installed mavericks. I can just make the display, battery and keyboard solved, not about the sound, touchpad, ethernet and either wifi + bluetooth.

Thanks for your help :)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back