No. I didn't think to search for something so obvious -_-

edit: wow, I think I fixed my problem. Here is what I did:

1. Booted into "Mountain Lion" via USB stick
2. Downloaded and installed Chameleon Wizard from here
3. Installed "Boot0md" to my Mountain Lion disk as shown here:
View attachment 58620
4. Run Multibeast and install/upgrade Chimera v2.0.1 r2109 like so:
View attachment 58621
5. Reboot from SSD installation and voila!

I don't know why that worked, because I had tried to install the first option "Boot0hfs" several times before and it didn't work. Maybe it was the Chimera step? I really have no idea, but I'm a little more happy now. Hope this works for you too.

i guess this method works because we are selecting the boot over our disk0 while having more than 1 disk mounted. I tried method 1 and did not work, kernel panic but this one help me THANKS!!!

After following the guide for this error, I restarted my computer. After de apple logo, the screen turned black, but apparently the computer is working. How can I fix that?
I'm running Yosemite

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

After following the guide for this error, I restarted my computer. After de apple logo, the screen turned black, but apparently the computer is working. How can I fix that?
I'm running Yosemite

The NVIDIA GT210 can be more trouble than it is worth. Some of the older ones work better than the newer ones. Can you try to use the HD4600 graphics instead.

Post further comments to this in Yosemite Desktop support or Post Installation > Graphics. TIA

For method 2, you can probably use any controller/interconnect to connect a SATA drive to a running Mac; not necessarily USB. I used firewire controller to sata. It worked for me.

I had the (first) boot problem after installation, just like this:
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: GPT
boot0: error

why /dec/disk0s2? disk0s2 is the EFI boot drive with 2 boot loaders already on it witch I do not want to overwrite. I have OSX installed on disk0s7 and Windows on disk0s4, disk0s6 has linux on it. My bios alows me to press F12 and chose one of the boot loaders. Will the "dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2" overwrite the 2 bootloaders that are already there?

OMG! After 2 weeks of ripping my hair out, I finally found this Sticky.
Solution 2 worked perfectly for my Asus P8H67-M2/TPM/SI motherboard!

Now, I need to find out how to get VIA sound chip turned on..
(none of the Voodoo choices worked - gave scratchy sounds)

Thanks!
-Drew

Hi Folks,

Copying over boot1h doesn't appear to be doing the track for me.

I have a Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD and a GB-H97N-WIFI.
Here's what I get. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
-Nick

SOLVED: For anyone else that's in the same boat. I have a discrete graphics card as my primary. Changed my Bios Settings to have the Integrated Graphics as the Primary Video output. Booted right up! Downside, no POST feedback. Monitor doesnt come up until after OSX fully boots. Credit Goes to: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ot0-error-4k-sector-problem-2.html#post698541

Attachments

• 2014-12-03 17.25.35.jpg
    2014-12-03 17.25.35.jpg
    633 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

Thank you!!!
i had to check the drive info first and used disk0s3 and it worked like a charm!
Thanks again,
jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back