Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Solution 2 worked for me. I happened to have an empty external HD USB case, just plugged in my laptop HD into that case on system 2 and ran Multibeast on system 1 for the Chimera boot loader, then reinstalled into the laptop. Bam!

Running Toshiba Satellite C855-S5308 w/OS X 10.10

For those having problems with Solution 1, here is some additional help:

1. Get your Disk number from Utilities->Disk Utilities, Click on INFO at the top. It will display what your hard drive number is, ie disk11s4 or whatever it is.

2. Then Open up Utilities->Terminal and put in:

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk11s4

Replace the disk numbers with what you received in the INFO tab of Disk Utilities.

hi,
each time i install a new system i have the boot0h error , i know how to solve it but can i prevent
this error from coming?
thanx

Hi Folks,

Copying over boot1h doesn't appear to be doing the track for me.

I have a Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD and a GB-H97N-WIFI.
Here's what I get. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
-Nick

SOLVED: For anyone else that's in the same boat. I have a discrete graphics card as my primary. Changed my Bios Settings to have the Integrated Graphics as the Primary Video output. Booted right up! Downside, no POST feedback. Monitor doesnt come up until after OSX fully boots. Credit Goes to: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ot0-error-4k-sector-problem-2.html#post698541

I have the same Problem... i reactivate my integrated graphic card, my monitor screen is now black if the bios starts up the pc.

But yes it works, mac OS X boots up normally. But how i get the screen on while boot up the bios+booting up the mac? :(

method one worked perfectly for me!
Thanks!

I'm a noob to this so if anyone could give me some clarification, I would appreciate it.

When the instructions say to install with unibeast, are we installing it on top of what we already have? Is this starting over? Does this overwrite any alternate graphics drivers we have installed so that we would need to go through that process again? Or does it just patch some holes?

Steps 1-3 are covered in the Installation guides for OS X that you have probably already been following. If you have installed OS X then you have progressed past this point already.
Steps 4-8 cover the Boot0 fix in the guide.

I'm having trouble seeing the forest through the trees. I think the images that a user posted in early in the thread would be helpful to me, but they aren't showing up anymore.

Its quite easy to over complicate things - I did this on my first attempt. Hope I have clarified the steps for you.

All . Please help..

Option 1 worked for me... it shows my bootloader (in my case Chameleon).. i get to the grey apple but then my whole screen goes black.. (computer is still on ... etc but nothing on the screen

Its almost as if the previous boot arguments i used arent taking now

All . Please help..

Option 1 worked for me... it shows my bootloader (in my case Chameleon).. i get to the grey apple but then my whole screen goes black.. (computer is still on ... etc but nothing on the screen

Its almost as if the previous boot arguments i used arent taking now

Let me simplify what is going on:

• I used the tonymacx86 Mavericks Guide for the LenovoG580.. to a T!

• Mavericks boots perfectly but ONLY if I use my Unibeast thumbdrive to boot it

• I have used option 1 here in this guide and I have "FIXED" my boot0 error.. However, when
it starts booting , I get the apple screen and logon screen but then everything goes black (mavericks is still running .. lights
on laptop are still on)

• this happens with Chimera 2.2.1 AND Chameleon

• but I repeat, I can still boot with my Unibeast drive perfectly but obviously this is not the ideal method I want to boot Mavericks. I need the bootloader that is installed to my internal HDD to work without giving me that black screen

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

mysterybat35

Thanks so much. That makes a lot more sense. Although it seems I may need to go for option two since I can't get my installer to boot >.> I can boot Yosemite or Win8 from the usb but can't boot the unibeast usb itself.. it gets stuck at the loading bar with the apple logo.. hmm.

Are you remembering to change the BIOS settings to allow you to boot from the USB as a priority boot device. You may also need to use some bootflags, try using -x for safe mode.

Let me simplify what is going on:

• I used the tonymacx86 Mavericks Guide for the LenovoG580.. to a T!

• Mavericks boots perfectly but ONLY if I use my Unibeast thumbdrive to boot it

• I have used option 1 here in this guide and I have "FIXED" my boot0 error.. However, when
it starts booting , I get the apple screen and logon screen but then everything goes black (mavericks is still running .. lights
on laptop are still on)

• this happens with Chimera 2.2.1 AND Chameleon

• but I repeat, I can still boot with my Unibeast drive perfectly but I need the bootloader to work without giving me that black screen

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

mysterybat35

There is a complete laptop forum that you can get advice in. This thread is for the Boot0 problem. :thumbup:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptops/

I am sure that there will be a Mavericks UniBeast/Chameleon/MultiBeast guide and information there to help you. If you cannot find the answer to your problem then post a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back