Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

I'm unable to unmount the volume that has Yosemite installed. In this case, it is disk0s2. When I try to run the command, it says Permission denied. Any help would be appreciated.

Trying to install onto an HP DC8200 with a 500GB drive.

Method 2 worked for me. Had to go buy a SATA to USB kit, but for $14, it was worth it.

bootO: done1

Help me

I have installer on Mac OS X 10.9.0 but the Mavericks put the MultiBeast and reboot my PC sends me an error Error GPT many codes do not understand. my team in B85M-D3H- intel core i7 4770-32bg 1600mhz ram-gpu gigabyte radeon 280x windforce r9 - 1 tera in Windows 8.1 Pro X64 - 2Teras Support - Mac OS X 1Tera all Westerl Digital brand, help me because I had previously installed Mac OS X 10.9.2 but I think that was my mistake I have updated my BIOS UEFI motherboard F4 to F14.
This is my email so they can give me a hand please.
[email protected]
110629d1414593321-booto-done1-error-help-2014-10-29-08.58.13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted over in Yosemite desktop support but right now I have an issue with the boot0 error. I followed the instructions in the first method. Installed Yosemite using Unibeast, ran Multibeast in Yosemite (still don't have sound but the boot0 is a much bigger problem), rebooted to the USB stick was able to get into the installer, unmounted drive, ran terminal with the command in method 1. Rebooted and still have the boot0 issue. When I ran the command I didn't get much feedback, Something like 2 bytes in, 2 bytes out.

When I reboot to the USB stick I have two options USB and my boot drive. However, in the icon for my boot drive it has RAID. The drive is definitely not a RAID and it's set to AHCI in the BIOS. I cannot boot from the drive as I get a message about a missing kernel. So I boot from the USB using -no-zp and the installer starts loading and Yosemite starts from my hard drive.

Would trying method 2 work since I've already run Multibeast? Any assistance is appreciated.

I posted over in Yosemite desktop support but right now I have an issue with the boot0 error. I followed the instructions in the first method. Installed Yosemite using Unibeast, ran Multibeast in Yosemite (still don't have sound but the boot0 is a much bigger problem), rebooted to the USB stick was able to get into the installer, unmounted drive, ran terminal with the command in method 1. Rebooted and still have the boot0 issue. When I ran the command I didn't get much feedback, Something like 2 bytes in, 2 bytes out.

When I reboot to the USB stick I have two options USB and my boot drive. However, in the icon for my boot drive it has RAID. The drive is definitely not a RAID and it's set to AHCI in the BIOS. I cannot boot from the drive as I get a message about a missing kernel. So I boot from the USB using -no-zp and the installer starts loading and Yosemite starts from my hard drive.

Would trying method 2 work since I've already run Multibeast? Any assistance is appreciated.

Hi,
I've wrongly entered the wrong command, ie instead ofdd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk1s2, I've entered
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2
Unfortunately, I cannot access my windows partition, please help me recovering my Data. Thanks.

Someone has found a solution to this raid issue in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-raid-mark-their-boot-drive-2.html#post892921

Would symptoms of this boot error be early rebooting before reaching the boot loader/chimera screen? and also, does this error flash very quickly before rebooting? or is this one that hangs around until you restart.

My issue is that that the install is successful, how ever upon restarting after the multibeast install, the drive is unbootable...even through the USB bootloader.

Funny thing is once I reboot after a clean install, and migrate my previous apps and docs over...I can use it fine until it needs to reset. Then but-kiss

Would symptoms of this boot error be early rebooting before reaching the boot loader/chimera screen? and also, does this error flash very quickly before rebooting? or is this one that hangs around until you restart.

My issue is that that the install is successful, how ever upon restarting after the multibeast install, the drive is unbootable...even through the USB bootloader.

Funny thing is once I reboot after a clean install, and migrate my previous apps and docs over...I can use it fine until it needs to reset. Then but-kiss

No - early rebooting sounds like a different problem. Are you getting an image like the one shown on the first page? Is there additional gibberish text after that Boot0 error.

You can help people assist in quick diagnosis by adding your hardware to your profile. Motherboard under system, CPU and Graphics should be given the full model number. an i5-4440 should be listed as such. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back