Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks! solution1 worked at first time. Gigabyte UP5 TH + msata Crucial 120GB

So, this worked for me in that it will now begin to boot from my HDD, but the computer then gets stuck at the loading screen for the OS - I have a grey screen with the apple logo and the loading sign under it. Been stuck there for about 20 minutes now. Any ideas?

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

So, this worked for me in that it will now begin to boot from my HDD, but the computer then gets stuck at the loading screen for the OS - I have a grey screen with the apple logo and the loading sign under it. Been stuck there for about 20 minutes now. Any ideas?
Nope...because we're not telepathic so you'll have to give us your system components (just motherboard, processor and graphics).

Also, please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example:
System: GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU: i7-4790
Graphics: HD4600 or MSI GTX 760

Is there any chance you can boot up in "verbose" mode and take a pic of the screen where the process is being halted?

In Chimera, highlight your boot drive and hit the space bar then type in: -v
and then hit enter to boot.

Take a photo with your phone or whatever and post it so that others can see what is causing the problem.

Hope that helps a little
Regards
Fish

After the unmount, the /Volumes doesn't exist anymore. The dd command won't work. I got an error saying no such file or dir.
If I don't unmount the volume, dd gives me a resource busy error. Please help.

Run sudo

Type "sudo" space before command in terminal.

It should ask for password then list
Records In
Records out
Bytes transfered
$

Hi There,

I've built a beast but I'm having problems with install. The stats are Sabretooth z97mk1 mb, intel i7-4790k CPU, 128gb crucial ssd, 2tb hard drive, asus gtx 760 GeForce graphics card, 16gb ram, dark rock pro 3 fan. So did all the UniBeast stuff all the way up to reboot, trying to install Mavericks. Seemed to be doing great. However then I got the boot0 problem. Deleted everything and reinstalled on the ssd instead, since this is supposed to get rid of the problem, but no, still getting the boot0 issue. Unmounted the disc, and that's where everything has stalled. Now whenever I try to boot up I get as far as the osx screen and then the screen goes black and the machine shuts itself down. I've tried reinstalling UniBeast, booting from the ssd, any variation I can think of. Same problems, I either get a boot0 issue or shutdown. Help......

Jon.

Thanks so much! it was missing the "USB" part from "if=/Volumes/.../user"

Cheers

Thank you tonymacx86 my pictures :) %100 work

db8l3.jpg

db8mv.jpg

db8sk.jpg

4: Terminali açıyoruz

db8ud.jpg

Terminale
Kod:

dd if=/Volumes/USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

db8xb.jpg

db9g7.jpg

restart :) %100 work

Solution 1 worked for me with my first foray into the world of Yosemite.. Thanks!

I'm unable to unmount the volume that has Yosemite installed. In this case, it is disk0s2. When I try to run the command, it says Permission denied. Any help would be appreciated.

Trying to install onto an HP DC8200 with a 500GB drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back