Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. So are you saying that since I "WAS" able to partially boot using the first boot0 method here that my issue is NOT with this method but instead moreso with the actual bootloader itself?

Thanks. So are you saying that since I "WAS" able to partially boot using the first boot0 method here that my issue is NOT with this method but instead moreso with the actual bootloader itself?

You said that you had fixed the Boot0 issue. Did you use Terminal to ascertain your correct disk partition? Try it. Type the following and it will reveal to you if disk0s2 is correct for you.

Code:
 diskutil list

The correct identifier is the one that is being used for the OS X installation. There is no point using this method on a Windows partition.

Yes, I have the USB 2.0 drive set as a boot option. I boot with it and then when the chimera bootloader pops up I choose to boot from the installer, the apple logo pops up, a loading bar begins to progress, and then a little white box with a grey "no (circle with slash in it) symbol pops up. It does with with and without the -x bootflag. I can boot from my yosemite partition and windows system reserved from the usb, but not from the installer.

Is my installer corrupted? Should I set it as the first boot option in BIOS? Could I have messed it up because I later used disk utility to rename the usb partition to "USB" instead of the previous "Unibeast 5.0.2" that I had previously named it when creating it? Can I create a separate usb installer to boot from? I'm assuming the whole point is to be able to boot into an instance of os x that's on a separate drive than the one with the error so I can unmount and fix the errored drive.

Again, thanks for your help.

You could try either to create a new USB installer to use or if you have a spare SSD/HDD to create a fresh installation on. Use either to sort the Boot0 issue.

This guide saved me once again with a new build I'm putting together with an Asus Gryphon Z97.. thanks again!

method one successfully worked for me on mavericks 10.9.5
thank you

Thanks for this guide. I am stuck with this error below I think it's about the same right?

i have created my OS a long time ago and installed Yosemite a while back not much problems and then out is the blue this happens.

i have a dual boot configuration with windows 8 and chameleon but I cannot get to the boot screen.

I cannot create a new Unibeast because I cannot get into an Mac OS. Someone mentioned to me about clover and I created a bootable USB with that but I don't know what to do

any help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 118
Thanks for this guide. I am stuck with this error below I think it's about the same right?

i have created my OS a long time ago and installed Yosemite a while back not much problems and then out is the blue this happens.

i have a dual boot configuration with windows 8 and chameleon but I cannot get to the boot screen.

I cannot create a new Unibeast because I cannot get into an Mac OS. Someone mentioned to me about clover and I created a bootable USB with that but I don't know what to do

any help?

Boot into the installer. Run Terminal - suggest that you type diskutil list to determine the correct disk number for your OS X installation as it may be different to the disk0s2 that is used in the guide. Write this down to avoid confusion.

Now run Disk Utility and follow the instructions - its cut and paste - use the disk number that refers to your own OS X installation.

Boot into the installer. Run Terminal - suggest that you type diskutil list to determine the correct disk number for your OS X installation as it may be different to the disk0s2 that is used in the guide. Write this down to avoid confusion.

Now run Disk Utility and follow the instructions - its cut and paste - use the disk number that refers to your own OS X installation.

No such file or Directory Error :(

Thanks for the help! I followed your instructions with finding out my drive info, I mounted the drive and putting the commandline in with my details this is what happened look at the picture below what should I do now ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 276
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,002.2 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    814.2 KB · Views: 229
I installed my system with clover on a fusion drive -can I still use this manual method 1 to fix my issue?

Ty so so much. this helped me and worked like a charm! Thanks for helping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back