I5-6600
Graphics
GTX 1060 - HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Man, I hate to do this but it's been about a week of trying and not succeed. I know that there is a lot of things messed up but I can't find any solution and I can't even understand what I'm doing anymore

My goal is to have a dual boot system with 2 monitors. In windows, I want to use my 1060 and in Big Sur, I want to disable it and use the iGPU (i will change the input on my monitor). I attached my EFI folder hoping that someone can help me find a solution. I think that right now is messed up from all the try but I don't know. My specs are i5-6600, H170, HD530, 1060 and a WD Velociraptor 300GB. The other drives are for Windows. ah, the latest OpenCore (should be 0.7.3)

with the 1060 in doesn't even boot to OpenCore (i don't have the log right now), when I remove the gpu it boots but when the installer reaches the 12 minutes remaining mark it reboots. OpenCore come and after selecting the hdd it starts to boot loop (log in the attachment)

right now I'm pretty exhausted actually, I have probably missed something for this topic. Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 111
  • opencore-2021-09-27-201900.txt
    256 KB · Views: 93
ah, note that with the gpu installed the output does not come from the igpu but still from the 1060. I think I am doing something wrong with whatevergreen (-wegnogpu in boot args)
if you need some log or other thing feel free to ask, anything could help me now

EDIT: remade the config.plist changing some option, now its installing. Not plugged the 1060 yet
EDIT2: Installation went fine this time but it still doesn't boot with the 1060. its another error so i think i can find a solution, i have only to investigate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back