Contribute
Register

Big Sur 11.3 clean instalation on Asus ROG z370-e Gaming + i7 8700K + Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi there
I'm using PC in configuration:
MB: Asus ROG z370-e Gaming
CPU: Intel core i7 8700K
GPU: Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 4GB
RAM: 16 GB one-stick memory

I have installed on it MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 running with Clover 2.5K 5098 as iMac18,1.

Then i've tried to update directly to Big Sur 11.3 with no success.
I thought that main reason was too old Clover with old kexts and UEFI drivers.
So, i've updated to Clover 5128 with same configuration but new UEFI drivers and some updated kexts.
AHCI-300-Series.kext, v.1.0.1
CodecCommander.kext, v.2.6.3
FakeSMC.kext, v.1765
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext, v.1765
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext, v.1765
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext, v.1765
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext, v.0.5.0
USBInjectAll.kext, v.0.6.4
Shiki.kext, v.2.2.0
EFICheckDisabler.kext, v.0.5
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, v.1.2.3
Lilu.kext, v.1.5.2
WhateverGreen.kext, v.1.4.9
AppleALC.kext, v.1.5.9
IntelMausi.kext, v.1.0.5

But installer running still fails (stuck) with (i guess) some problems with ACPI tables (screenshot #1).
So, i've created install usb with Big Sur 11.3 and tried to run it as clean installer. But got the same issue:
Code:
ACPI Error: [_SB_.PCI0.RP05.PXSX] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20160930/dswload2-274)
As i know this error shouldn't be critical. But after that message loading process have stuck.

And my last try was to use OpenCore 0.6.9.
I've made bootable usb according to instructions from dortania for COFFEE LAKE desktops.
But result is still the same (screenshot #2).

So, i will be appretiate for any help.

My configurations for Clover and OpenCore are also attached.

Attachments

• screenshot_#1.jpg
    screenshot_#1.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 132
  • screenshot_#2.jpg
    screenshot_#2.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 149
  • CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 167
  • OC.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 139
Hi there
I'm using PC in configuration:
MB: Asus ROG z370-e Gaming
CPU: Intel core i7 8700K
GPU: Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 4GB
RAM: 16 GB one-stick memory

I have installed on it MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 running with Clover 2.5K 5098 as iMac18,1.

Then i've tried to update directly to Big Sur 11.3 with no success.
I thought that main reason was too old Clover with old kexts and UEFI drivers.
So, i've updated to Clover 5128 with same configuration but new UEFI drivers and some updated kexts.
AHCI-300-Series.kext, v.1.0.1
CodecCommander.kext, v.2.6.3
FakeSMC.kext, v.1765
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext, v.1765
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext, v.1765
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext, v.1765
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext, v.0.5.0
USBInjectAll.kext, v.0.6.4
Shiki.kext, v.2.2.0
EFICheckDisabler.kext, v.0.5
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, v.1.2.3
Lilu.kext, v.1.5.2
WhateverGreen.kext, v.1.4.9
AppleALC.kext, v.1.5.9
IntelMausi.kext, v.1.0.5

But installer running still fails (stuck) with (i guess) some problems with ACPI tables (screenshot #1).
So, i've created install usb with Big Sur 11.3 and tried to run it as clean installer. But got the same issue:
Code:
ACPI Error: [_SB_.PCI0.RP05.PXSX] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20160930/dswload2-274)
As i know this error shouldn't be critical. But after that message loading process have stuck.

And my last try was to use OpenCore 0.6.9.
I've made bootable usb according to instructions from dortania for COFFEE LAKE desktops.
But result is still the same (screenshot #2).

So, i will be appretiate for any help.

My configurations for Clover and OpenCore are also attached.
The error may be the Installer in the USB port. Test installer with other USB ports on the rear IO.

Still stuck :(
Sorry, I’m on my iPhone and can’t check your EFI’s.

for clover use the boot menu (cursor keys) to go to Clover/Options/PCI devices. Select USB Ownership.

for Open Core go to OC/Kernel/quirks at the bottom of quirks select XHCIPorts limit. Set to true or yes.

another option for either is to use USBInjectall.kext.

Hi Maestro_Dirk,

I've at your EFI folder and made a number of major improvements to your build including adding the required SSDTs and adding graphics acceleration and Quicksync for your Intel iGPU amd RX570. Make sure to enable or set to Auto for the iGPU in BIOS, enable XHCI Handoff, AHCI Mode, Legacy USB to Auto, Above 4G Decoding Enabled, CSM disabled, TPM disabled, VT-d disabled, Resizeable Bar disabled (if present). I've set the EFI to use Opencore 0.6.8 to boot Big Sur 11.3. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Attachments

• MaestroDirk-OC fixed.zip
    12.1 MB · Views: 192
Sorry, I’m on my iPhone and can’t check your EFI’s.

for clover use the boot menu (cursor keys) to go to Clover/Options/PCI devices. Select USB Ownership.

for Open Core go to OC/Kernel/quirks at the bottom of quirks select XHCIPorts limit. Set to true or yes.

another option for either is to use USBInjectall.kext.
These options were selected in my configuration but thank you for suggestion.

Hi Maestro_Dirk,

I've at your EFI folder and made a number of major improvements to your build including adding the required SSDTs and adding graphics acceleration and Quicksync for your Intel iGPU amd RX570. Make sure to enable or set to Auto for the iGPU in BIOS, enable XHCI Handoff, AHCI Mode, Legacy USB to Auto, Above 4G Decoding Enabled, CSM disabled, TPM disabled, VT-d disabled, Resizeable Bar disabled (if present). I've set the EFI to use Opencore 0.6.8 to boot Big Sur 11.3. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Thank you, man!
Its definitely better :)
Now, i have installed 11.3 and updated to 11.3.1.
There are still few issues with not-working usb 2.0 ports on front panel (usb 3.0 work well) and touching bios after every restart/shutdown, so i receive message at starting PC:
Code:
The system has POSTed in safe mode.
Press F1 to Run SETUP

Speaking of hardware:
Make sure to enable or set to Auto for the iGPU in BIOS, enable XHCI Handoff, AHCI Mode, Legacy USB to Auto, Above 4G Decoding Enabled, CSM disabled, TPM disabled, VT-d disabled, Resizeable Bar disabled (if present).
All these options were set correctly during my tries, but the XHCI Handoff just not present in the bios settings. I saw a couple of similar messages from another people with Asus/Gigabit MBs, and they just have been roll back to old firmwares. But in my case there was no such option in first version of bios firmware as well as in later versions.

In any case, one more BIG thank you!

That’s great to hear!

I was about to say, I think you should create your own USB map according to the Dortania guide (using the USBMap script). Because your system is currently set to using USBInjectAll, you may be getting some connection issues. But otherwise congrats that sounds like a sound system. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back