Contribute
Register

Asus - UX430UA - Kaby Lake i7-7500U Intel HD Graphics 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange,, how can your IGPU being detected as "Intel HD Graphics KBL CRB".. Mine is "Intel HD Graphics 620 :eek: :eek:

Did you have to do anything to get your fan to be seen? I Would like to use some kind of fan control to quiet the fan but it is not recognized by any of the control software options I have tried.

Untitled.jpeg

Same laptop as yours: The Asus UX430UA Kabylake i7-7500U

Thanks.

A small guide would be really helpful. Please!

Did you have to do anything to get your fan to be seen? I Would like to use some kind of fan control to quiet the fan but it is not recognized by any of the control software options I have tried.

View attachment 291010

Same laptop as yours: The Asus UX430UA Kabylake i7-7500U

Thanks.

No, i didn't do anything special. All sensors works fine with kext from Rehabman repo
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/
or
Kozlek https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/releases
I use "iStat Menus" app instead of HWmonitor but there is no option in macs/hacks to control fans via OS.
On desktop is much simpler because you can control fans from BIOS. In that laptop there is no option.

A small guide would be really helpful. Please!

You can find all information in first post. No need to create guide.
Steps are the same as for desktops and all hack so:
- first create bootable USB pendrive with EFI partition with installed lates Clover and base kexts like Fakesmc, etherne etc
- boot from USB and install OS to hard disk
- when you get to OS then create EFI partition on disk and install or copy EFI content to it
- after that read links from #1 how to patch DSDT(all patches are described in guides)
- read from #1 how to generate SSDT
- read from #1 how to map USB ports(it's not required but it;s worth to do this)
- you can copy my kexts and whole EFI folder but remember to generate proper SMBIOS serial number etc

My kext will work on that laptop so generally you have to:
- patch DSDT/SSDT
- generate SMBIOS

I know that everyone of us wants to find source/guide c&p but as i wrote before is MUCH better to do this step be step yourself.
You can use my DSDT, whole EFI but you should NOT do this if you want stable hack.
I tried to store all links which helped me and if you read them i'm sure you'll get 100% working hack.

I don;t know what is your "hack-knowledge" level so maybe just ask where you stuck with that laptop.

Any chance you will put together a slim guide that points more specifically at the things you did to get stuff to work? I'm going around in circles on things you figured out. :(

There is a chance but i need time for that ;)
Read #56

Did you copy my kexts+config.plist(generate own SMBIOS serial number/board number) ?
Did you patch your DSDT?
Did you generate SSDT ?
if answer is 3 times "yes" than you should have 100% working hack ;)
If not, then probably you didn't ;(

Where did you stuck?

Did you copy my kexts+config.plist(generate own SMBIOS serial number/board number) ?
Did you patch your DSDT?
Did you generate SSDT ?
if answer is 3 times "yes" than you should have 100% working hack ;)

For whatever reason, your files don't work for me. I loaded them and I get the circle with the line through it that does not let me boot. I had to run around finding my own stuff for the most part. It's fine as I now have mine working almost 100% (Just can't get the fans to be detected and I do want to try to control them somehow. They work fine... too fine.

I got stuck on the trial and error process several times with things like sound. The worst one for me was that your choice of SMBIOS does not work on my laptop even though we have the exact same laptop. HDMI does not work over video or sound for me when using MacBookPro14,3 but it works fine with 14,2 or 14,1. I was stuck in a loop for the longest time before I tried changing that setting. I'm happy to have gotten it running in less than a week so all is good in the end. I do intend to write up a guide that helps others out a bit more at some point. I agree with you that it is good to do it on your own, and it's nice to have a bit more or a roadmap. Cheers!

You can find all information in first post. No need to create guide.
Steps are the same as for desktops and all hack so:
- first create bootable USB pendrive with EFI partition with installed lates Clover and base kexts like Fakesmc, etherne etc
- boot from USB and install OS to hard disk
- when you get to OS then create EFI partition on disk and install or copy EFI content to it
- after that read links from #1 how to patch DSDT(all patches are described in guides)
- read from #1 how to map USB ports(it's not required but it;s worth to do this)
- you can copy my kexts and whole EFI folder but remember to generate proper SMBIOS serial number etc

My kext will work on that laptop so generally you have to:
- patch DSDT/SSDT
- generate SMBIOS

I know that everyone of us wants to find source/guide c&p but as i wrote before is MUCH better to do this step be step yourself.
You can use my DSDT, whole EFI but you should NOT do this if you want stable hack.
I tried to store all links which helped me and if you read them i'm sure you'll get 100% working hack.

I don;t know what is your "hack-knowledge" level so maybe just ask where you stuck with that laptop.

I don't know how to do these steps:

I don't really know what it means to patch the DSDT or how to do that or the SSDT. Sorry. I'm new to the Hackintosh scene.

For whatever reason, your files don't work for me. I loaded them and I get the circle with the line through it that does not let me boot. I had to run around finding my own stuff for the most part. It's fine as I now have mine working almost 100% (Just can't get the fans to be detected and I do want to try to control them somehow. They work fine... too fine.

I got stuck on the trial and error process several times with things like sound. The worst one for me was that your choice of SMBIOS does not work on my laptop even though we have the exact same laptop. HDMI does not work over video or sound for me when using MacBookPro14,3 but it works fine with 14,2 or 14,1. I was stuck in a loop for the longest time before I tried changing that setting. I'm happy to have gotten it running in less than a week so all is good in the end. I do intend to write up a guide that helps others out a bit more at some point. I agree with you that it is good to do it on your own, and it's nice to have a bit more or a roadmap. Cheers!

Great ! nice to see that it's not only my opinion that it;s much better to read currents guides and try understand how it works ;)
It's really great that you have working hack on that laptop too ! because in my opinion is the greatest laptop/ultrabook hack i've ever seen ;)

Maybe i will find some time and write some basic guide for this but... i don;t know, this is not my first hack and from my experience i can say that always you back to basic guides from RehabMan etc and it's much better to to this from scratch.
I remember that for ASUS-G551JX i found some guides and c&p some scripts, patches etc and i never was happy about that hack(some random problems).
That's why in that laptop(i was waiting over 3 months and reading tech spec, compatibility etc) i realized that maybe i should read more and do this by myself and that was the best choice i did.
Now i don;t have any problems and everything works 100% like real mac(i used a lot mac'sPro and using in my job so i have comparison) and the most important thing is when something goes wrong i know how to fix it or "where" find solution.

In my first post there is everything you need for that laptop.
You don;t have to read all threads, just first posts from guides but carefully!

Cheers !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back