Contribute
Register

Asus - UX430UA - Kaby Lake i7-7500U Intel HD Graphics 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
so it's very strange ;) because before i added patches laptop goes to sleep normally(after lid close or menu) but after some time(hours, maybe more) when i opened lid, system just rebooted instead of wake from sleep.

After i added these patches waking from sleep(open lid) after hours/days works fine ;)
I didn't change anything more, just these patches...

so... i don't know ... ;(

Shutdown fix only takes place with Arg0==5, which is only true in shutdown/restart scenarios.
Your reboot was probably due to out-of-sync ACPI/patched with respect to ACPI/origin.

Shutdown fix only takes place with Arg0==5, which is only true in shutdown/restart scenarios.
Your reboot was probably due to out-of-sync ACPI/patched with respect to ACPI/origin.

i'll revert patches and do some test.

For keyboard backlight add patch from attachment to DSDT "KeyboardBacklight Patch 4" and it should works fine with latest AsusNBFnKeys.kext

There is Rehabman patch for "null ehternet" https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet/blob/master/patch.txt

In my DSDT i have:
Code:
Device (RMNE)
    {
        Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
        Name (_HID, "NULE0000")  // _HID: Hardware ID
        Name (MAC, Buffer (0x06)
        {
             0x11, 0x22, 0x33, 0x44, 0x55, 0x66           
        })
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
            {
                Return (Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x03                                         
                })
            }

Return (Package (0x0A)
            {
                "built-in",
                Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x00                                         
                },

"IOName",
                "ethernet",
                "name",
                Buffer (0x09)
                {
                    "ethernet"
                },

"model",
                Buffer (0x15)
                {
                    "RM-NullEthernet-1001"
                },

"device_type",
                Buffer (0x09)
                {
                    "ethernet"
                }
            })
        }
    }

For iMessage/Facetime read this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/
You have to generate SMBIOS with all required values from guide. Remember that everytime you change it(board id, serial number etc) Apple will force you to change password for your AppleID because system detect logging from different machines.
Oh thank you very much. It worked. You're my life saver

Thank you Rehabman.
With your "shut down fix + v2" patches i don't have a problem with shutting down laptop in sleep mode.
Wake up works fine after hours(even days) when opening lid.
Hey, sorry for bothering you again but I just wanna know how you manage to get the trackpad working after waking up from sleep, I did exactly what had been said here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-limited-support.204227/page-80#post-1571791 (edit by xcode from appstore) but you know, I have to restart if I want to use trackpad again after a sleep. Oh and I almost forget to mention the HDMI audio. I have apply the DSDT patch rename B03 and end up being stuck at no treepassing logo

Last edited:
Hey, sorry for bothering you again but I just wanna know how you manage to get the trackpad working after waking up from sleep, I did exactly what had been said here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-limited-support.204227/page-80#post-1571791 (edit by xcode from appstore) but you know, I have to restart if I want to use trackpad again after a sleep. Oh and I almost forget to mention the HDMI audio. I have apply the DSDT patch rename B03 and end up being stuck at no treepassing logo
For a better solution for VoodooI2C after sleep, just wait for the rewritten kext to be released :)

For your other problem, maybe you should attach problem reporting files. That would probably help diagnosing your problem.

as @ben9923 said. You should wait for new kext version.
For me it started working fine after i changed kext like in post(i did nothing more, everything is in the post) but before that i had similar problem with sleep(had to load kext every sleep->wake) so the best solution for now is watching voodooi2c thread.

gullios and my all friends intel HD 620 fix with this config.plist

config and pics attached

I already fixit:headbang:

Attachments

• config and pics.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 153
gullios and my all friends intel HD 620 fix with this config.plist

config and pics attached

I already fixit:headbang:

hm.. but you still injecting Intel...
Code:
<key>Intel</key>
            <true/>

I don't inject anything. Check my 1st post. I will upload latest EFI source.

hm.. but you still injecting Intel...
Code:
<key>Intel</key>
            <true/>

I don't inject anything. Check my 1st post. I will upload latest EFI source.

If you don't inject Intel, the system uses a default ig-platform-id (likely 0x59120000).

Any chance you will put together a slim guide that points more specifically at the things you did to get stuff to work? I'm going around in circles on things you figured out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back