Contribute
Register

Asus - UX430UA - Kaby Lake i7-7500U Intel HD Graphics 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you create tutorial thread!? :)

Last edited:
because iMO is much better to read how to generate things for your hack and be more conscious not just c&p tutorials ;)
All links i used for that model are in first post so if you read them all you will hack your laptop without problems ;)

Last edited:
If I create 2 EFI partitions, use each partition for each OS (1 for Windows, 1 for macOS), will it work?

because iMO is much better to read how to generate things for your hack and be more conscious not just c&p tutorials ;)
All links i used for that model are in first post so if you read them all you will hack your laptop without problems ;)
Hello gulios, good to see you. Thanks to your post, I have made my UX410 run smoothly on 10.13 with full audio, brightness and trackpad. Just a few questions, how you get your imessage working without real Mac information as my UX410 (nearly the same as your UX430) doesn't a have a built-in ethernet connection (the iMessage guide require en0 and built in while mine is en1 and not built in) and also I don't replace my native intel 8260 AC and just use a wifi USB to get access to the Internet, is that eligible to activate iMessage?. And regarding of keyboard backlight, I really gave up, could you tell me the instruction how to do that? Thank you in advance
Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 3.56.54 PM.png

Last edited:
Hello gulios, good to see you. Thanks to your post, I have made my UX410 run smoothly on 10.13 with full audio, brightness and trackpad. Just a few questions, how you get your imessage working without real Mac information as my UX410 (nearly the same as your UX430) doesn't a have a built-in ethernet connection (the iMessage guide require en0 and built in while mine is en1 and not built in) and also I don't replace my native intel 8260 AC and just use a wifi USB to get access to the Internet, is that eligible to activate iMessage?. And regarding of keyboard backlight, I really gave up, could you tell me the instruction how to do that? Thank you in advance
View attachment 284360

For keyboard backlight add patch from attachment to DSDT "KeyboardBacklight Patch 4" and it should works fine with latest AsusNBFnKeys.kext

There is Rehabman patch for "null ehternet" https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet/blob/master/patch.txt

In my DSDT i have:
Code:
Device (RMNE)
    {
        Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
        Name (_HID, "NULE0000")  // _HID: Hardware ID
        Name (MAC, Buffer (0x06)
        {
             0x11, 0x22, 0x33, 0x44, 0x55, 0x66            
        })
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
            {
                Return (Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x03                                          
                })
            }

Return (Package (0x0A)
            {
                "built-in", 
                Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x00                                          
                }, 

"IOName", 
                "ethernet", 
                "name", 
                Buffer (0x09)
                {
                    "ethernet"
                }, 

"model", 
                Buffer (0x15)
                {
                    "RM-NullEthernet-1001"
                }, 

"device_type", 
                Buffer (0x09)
                {
                    "ethernet"
                }
            })
        }
    }

For iMessage/Facetime read this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/
You have to generate SMBIOS with all required values from guide. Remember that everytime you change it(board id, serial number etc) Apple will force you to change password for your AppleID because system detect logging from different machines.

Attachments

• KeyboardBacklight Patch 4.txt
    3 KB · Views: 178
Thank you Rehabman.
With your "shut down fix + v2" patches i don't have a problem with shutting down laptop in sleep mode.
Wake up works fine after hours(even days) when opening lid.

BTW: The Shutdown fix has nothing to do with sleep.

BTW: The Shutdown fix has nothing to do with sleep.

so it's very strange ;) because before i added patches laptop goes to sleep normally(after lid close or menu) but after some time(hours, maybe more) when i opened lid, system just rebooted instead of wake from sleep.

After i added these patches waking from sleep(open lid) after hours/days works fine ;)
I didn't change anything more, just these patches...

so... i don't know ... ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back