Contribute
Register

Asus - UX430UA - Kaby Lake i7-7500U Intel HD Graphics 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey - I got a DW1560 - I want to install it. I unscrewed the screws on the back - having a hard time opening the back - Any tricks?

Hey - I got a DW1560 - I want to install it. I unscrewed the screws on the back - having a hard time opening the back - Any tricks?

Notebooks laptops usually have snap on covers and screws. You need to carefully wedge a plastic knife or thin hard plastic wedge between the back and sides and work your way around the edges. Check YouTube videos for your model or similar.

Notebooks laptops usually have snap on covers and screws. You need to carefully wedge a plastic knife or thin hard plastic wedge between the back and sides and work your way around the edges. Check YouTube videos for your model or similar.
There were two screws behind the rear rubber feet that had to be removed. I removed and installed the new card.
Problem is neither Windows 10 or OSX now work. I downloaded the drivers from dell for the dw1560 for windows 10. Went into safe mode and installed the drivers. Now when I boot into windows, I log in and then the computer freezes.

I will reinstall OSX but if Windows 10 freezes because of the wireless, I seem to be in trouble. Is there any Driver signing or other security enabled that I have to disable to get the DW1560 to work in Windows?

Best Regards,

Prad

There were two screws behind the rear rubber feet that had to be removed. I removed and installed the new card.
Problem is neither Windows 10 or OSX now work. I downloaded the drivers from dell for the dw1560 for windows 10. Went into safe mode and installed the drivers. Now when I boot into windows, I log in and then the computer freezes.

I will reinstall OSX but if Windows 10 freezes because of the wireless, I seem to be in trouble. Is there any Driver signing or other security enabled that I have to disable to get the DW1560 to work in Windows?

Best Regards,

Prad

Not sure on the windows, try lan connection to load drivers? Do you have a firewall or antivirus that may be stoppIn it?

For macOS do you need fakepciidkexts from Rehabmab?

- HDMI external display(4K) on micro hdmi(NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext)

I read through the entire thread and didn't see this mentioned.

Is 4k 60hz supported? Most 4k hacktintoshes are only 30hz. 60hz or die, does anyone have experience or a report that this works? Does it work with the miniHDMI, or will it require USB 3 port with adapter to HDMI 2?

@gulios ?

I read through the entire thread and didn't see this mentioned.

Is 4k 60hz supported? Most 4k hacktintoshes are only 30hz. 60hz or die, does anyone have experience or a report that this works? Does it work with the miniHDMI, or will it require USB 3 port with adapter to HDMI 2?

@gulios ?

no, i see that it only works on 30Hz, no higher option. In that laptop i use microHDMI2HDMI. I remember that i checked it on USB-C port and it worked too(now don't have USB-C2HDMI adapter)

Attachments

• IMG_1867.jpg
    IMG_1867.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 158
Hi everyone and to you gulios, first of all i'm really thankful that I have found your thread regarding hackintosh on asus ux430 series laptop. I finally got it to work on my machine but I'm still running high sierra using the config.plist and kexts that you provided, I'm experiencing muffled/distorted sound when audio jack is plugged and screen tearing when I run the application on full screen when the laptop came from a long sleep but i'm still completely fine with it thanks to you.

What macOS version are you using right now? mind if I can get your config.plist/kext from your mojave if you have? feel free to delete the serial on your config.plist like the one you did in high sierra. Thank you and happy new year!

Last edited:
Hello everyone, thank you gulios for the post, it helped me a lot, however I have a little problem. The sound works at home I have AppleALC.kext Lilu.kext (ID: 14/ALC295), I installed ALCPlugFIx but when I plug in a jack I have some very small crackles, and unfortunately the sound no longer works, I have to sleep to put it back on the speakers.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back