Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I've been experiencing a lot of difficulties. I've spent over 16 hours trying to get the following hardware running, which I bought from the Buyer's Guide here (I used the exact links from this website)

Here are the specs:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Gaming
Cooler: Thermaltake Slim X3
Ram: Crucial Budget x2 8GB 2666 DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i3-8100 (Coffee Lake)
Hard Drive: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Case: Apex MI-008 (w/ 250W Power Supply)

I've bought this hardware specifically to set up a Hackintosh machine, and I'm not being able to set it up as easy as I did with my older setup (i7 4790, Gigabyte UD3H-BK, 4xDDR3@1866, RX 480, Native Apple WIFI/Bluetooth PCI-E Combo).

At this point I tried a lot of options on the following post:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-rog-strix-h370-i-gaming-build.254524/

What i achieved:
- Basic USB Keyboard/Mouse support to be able to install the OS.
- Used @MohannaM 's EFI setup to get my hardware running, and it almost worked, but my integrated graphics didn't work (See the original post, page 5, post #1 or directly download his file here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/efi-zip.366185/
(I know he says that the Intel UHD 630 driver is not correct, and I get that he's using an Nvidia Driver, so I assume he's using an Nvidia graphics card for his specific setup).

It is sad that the hardware listed as buyer's guide won't work directly but at this point I'm so desperate to get this working that i'm willing to put a prize on this issue.

I did set up my BIOS with the following guide for a very similar Motherboard (*H370-F)

Has anyone been able to get this setup running correctly, if so, can you provide a guide or EFI folder so i can get an idea of how to do this? It would be appreciated.

Hi maquinadehielo!
I have the same mobo and cpu... please can you give me your final EFI? Thanks!

That is really frustrating... I've just placed an order for the very same build and now I see this post :(
I have built numerous hacks over last 10 years on non-supported boards and each one of them took days to bring it up to the usable state. This time I wanted it to be a quick load and go task, but it seems it is not going to happen. I know I will get it to work at some point (if I have time), but listing this board in the Buyer's Guide could be a big turn off for starters (and not only). Don't you guys think this board should be taken out of the Buyer's Guide?
Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back