i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I've been experiencing a lot of difficulties. I've spent over 16 hours trying to get the following hardware running, which I bought from the Buyer's Guide here (I used the exact links from this website)

Here are the specs:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Gaming
Cooler: Thermaltake Slim X3
Ram: Crucial Budget x2 8GB 2666 DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i3-8100 (Coffee Lake)
Hard Drive: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Case: Apex MI-008 (w/ 250W Power Supply)

I've bought this hardware specifically to set up a Hackintosh machine, and I'm not being able to set it up as easy as I did with my older setup (i7 4790, Gigabyte UD3H-BK, 4xDDR3@1866, RX 480, Native Apple WIFI/Bluetooth PCI-E Combo).

At this point I tried a lot of options on the following post:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-rog-strix-h370-i-gaming-build.254524/

What i achieved:
- Basic USB Keyboard/Mouse support to be able to install the OS.
- Used @MohannaM 's EFI setup to get my hardware running, and it almost worked, but my integrated graphics didn't work (See the original post, page 5, post #1 or directly download his file here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/efi-zip.366185/
(I know he says that the Intel UHD 630 driver is not correct, and I get that he's using an Nvidia Driver, so I assume he's using an Nvidia graphics card for his specific setup).

It is sad that the hardware listed as buyer's guide won't work directly but at this point I'm so desperate to get this working that i'm willing to put a prize on this issue.

I did set up my BIOS with the following guide for a very similar Motherboard (*H370-F)

Has anyone been able to get this setup running correctly, if so, can you provide a guide or EFI folder so i can get an idea of how to do this? It would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem is that i'm not being able to get the Integrated GFX to work, 7mb default and crappy UX, if I install UHD630 from MultiBeast the screen will just go black at next boot.

My problem is that i'm not being able to get the Integrated GFX to work, 7mb default and crappy UX, if I install UHD630 from MultiBeast the screen will just go black at next boot.

Which version of macOS are you running? Please post your EFI folder.

Which version of macOS are you running? Please post your EFI folder.

@Stork , thanks for the heads up!

This is my version of MacOS: (Taken from the installer Version 14.0.18 (14018))

Here's the EFI folder I'm using, the one that worked best for me (Taken from @MohannaM 's) I think the only thing pending on that EFI is the iGPU configuration (He's using several specific configurations for Nvidia such as evergreen for example). But this is the best EFI that worked for me.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 187
Additional info: Installer was made with latest Unibeast, replaced EFI folder with @MohannaM's solution and almost everything worked, sadly iGPU doesn't work. Installing UHD630 From multibeast won't boot with video

@Stork , thanks for the heads up!

This is my version of MacOS: (Taken from the installer Version 14.0.18 (14018))

Here's the EFI folder I'm using, the one that worked best for me (Taken from @MohannaM 's) I think the only thing pending on that EFI is the iGPU configuration (He's using several specific configurations for Nvidia such as evergreen for example). But this is the best EFI that worked for me.

I don't know of that build of macOS....

Anyway, please try this EFI. I accidentally reset your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID. You can copy over your old ones or just confirm that these are clean.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 181
I don't know of that build of macOS....

Anyway, please try this EFI. I accidentally reset your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID. You can copy over your old ones or just confirm that these are clean.

I do apologize for my inexpertise, It's Mojave,

2018/08/20 DP8, 2018/08/20 PB7, build 18A371a, installer 14.0.18

Maybe i need to update to a more stable version too instead of a Developer, i'll try that too. I'll keep this too.

I do apologize for my inexpertise, It's Mojave,

2018/08/20 DP8, 2018/08/20 PB7, build 18A371a, installer 14.0.18

Maybe i need to update to a more stable version too instead of a Developer, i'll try that too. I'll keep this too.

You can unenroll in the beta program and just run the public release version of Mojave. 18A371 is older than the current public release of Mojave.

I'm in the same boat as @maquinadehielo...trying to use the exact same processor (i3-8100), graphics (UHD 630) and motherboard (ASUS ROG Strix H370-I). I'm running 10.14.1. I managed to get the system running with the attached EFI directory.

The system boots, the networking, and graphics work fine, and as far as I can tell all the USB ports work. Where I'm getting stuck is with getting the audio to work, whether through the analog ports or passed through the DisplayPort connector. I've tried MultiBeast as well as following Toleda’s guide but without success.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764

Other problems are:

1) shutdown and restart works, but the system doesn’t wake back up from sleep.
2) the onboard Bluetooth/WiFi doesn’t work. The system does recognize that there’s a Bluetooth card there, as it shows up in the System Information tool, but it’s not properly initialized as the address is listed as 00-00-0-00-00-00. I’m wired for networking and have a USB Bluetooth dongle available from my old build, so this isn’t critical.
3) VLC will play videos but as soon as I try to skip ahead it freezes. I think this is a problem with the hardware not being properly setup, as sites like Youtube aren’t working correctly either. From a bit of searching around, I think this problem may be because there isn’t working audio.

I tried @pastrychef's EFI folder. The system booted, but still had the same problem with a complete lack of audio.

Any help would be appreciated. I feel like I'm getting close to getting this build working, but it's taken way longer that I expected to get to this point considering I was careful to only buy components listed in the Buyer's Guide. I guess I could always try to revert to High Sierra or buy a graphics card, but I'd rather get what I have now working.

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.6 MB · Views: 172
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back