Intel HM67
CPU
i5-2450M
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
iOS
AppleALC

[...] you should remove [...] DSDT Edits ...
On my HM67 mainboard the IRQ Fix (FixTMR, FixRTC, FixIPIC & FixHPET) is still needed for AppleALC to work.
AirportBrcmFixup

If necessary, you can over-ride the default MacOS WiFi local and explicitly set the country code for your WiFi device using the boot argument brcmfx-country=XX, this is sometimes necessary to get 5Ghz WiFi working at full speed with your router.
Not setting this option results in US by default.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-29 um 23.32.17.png
Always had it set to my location (brcmfx-country=DE), but still had slow rates at ~25 kbit/s. I just discovered minutes ago that setting brcmfx-country=#a solves this (>200 kbit/s now).

Does anybody know how to set this option via AddProperties/Arbitrary?!

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-29 um 23.41.49.png

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I just discovered minutes ago that setting brcmfx-country=#a solves this (>200 kbit/s now) .... Does anybody know how to set this option via AddProperties/Arbitrary?
As it states in the guide brcmfx-country is a boot argument not a device property.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
Intel HM67
CPU
i5-2450M
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
iOS
As it states in the guide brcmfx-country is a boot argument not a device property.

Cheers
Jay
Please see the highlighted text in the second thumbnail. :)

Motherboard
Intel HM67
CPU
i5-2450M
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
iOS
Updated post #12.

I can confirm this for for my DW1550 (Broadcom BCM94352HMB). In addition, after disabling ACPI->DSDT->Fixes->FixAirport and Devices->FakeID->WIFI the card is now marked as built-in.

Faced a few problems when download big files. They were useless due to corrupted files. Re-enabling ACPI->DSDT->Fixes->FixAirport fixed the problem. Therefore, the fix seems to be still needed.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
hey everyone, im super noob in hackintosh my goal is : to enable intel quicksync/igpu (for fcpx offcourse)

i already put patch from FBpatcher in my config.plist ( see attachment ), but i think is not correctly place.
and my patch from FBpatcher didnt show any device id ( attachment )

i really hope someone can help me, and sorry for my bad english
Your question has been answered below your other post ....

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i7-4790k-gtx-980-ti-fcpx.261352/#post-1817952

Please only post a question once in the appropriate thread ... duplicates will get removed.

Jay

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3 F23g
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX-580
Mac
iMac
@Henties,

You could try asking the WEG Devs for confirmation on the WEG official support thread :-

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325987-whatevergreen-support-topic/

Would be interesting to know what they say so i can update the guide if necessary.

Cheers
Jay
I have finally got this reply from @scj312 in the other "universe" concerning the validity of the shikigva=xx bootflag.

"You can still use shikigva boot args with WhateverGreen exactly the same as you could before. On my system I don't need to use the boot arg."

The fact that the old shikigva boot flags are not listed, although seemingly still usable' makes me view the "merged" Whatevergreen.kext with suspicion. It still seems only to be a half baked egg. I am not presently using the shikigva=xx flag and have so far not been able to detect anything untoward with my Skylake build as is evident from the attached screenshot depicting a continuous 70 hour uptime and sleep behavior that is consistent with the usage pattern spanning that period. I am happy and will therefore leave my configuration as is. As the saying goes. If it ain't broken don't fix it, no sorry that is wrong, it should actually read, If it ain't broken break it :) of cause only if one is stupid enough :)
Greetings
Henties

Attachments

Last edited:

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I have finally got this reply from @scj312 in the other "universe" concerning the validity of the shikigva=xx bootflag .... "You can still use shikigva boot args with WhateverGreen exactly the same as you could before. On my system I don't need to use the boot arg."
@Henties,

Thanks for update ....

The fact that the old shikigva boot flags are not listed, although seemingly still usable' makes me view the "merged" Whatevergreen.kext with suspicion. It still seems only to be a half baked egg. I am not presently using the shikigva=xx flag and have so far not been able to detect anything untoward"
The boot flags are still listed in the "Manual" sub folder on WhatEverGreen's Git-Hub page, however these are essentially the old readme.md files from each of the merged plug-in's. As I previously mentioned in the case of shikigva I believe thats it's enabled by default if applicable to the IGPU as there is no real reason not use it, I suspect that the boot flag is still left in there just incase a user needs to over-ride the defaults, I suspect the same is true for the other merged plug-in's in that commonly used options are enabled as default hence the reason WhatEverGreen works so well with minimal configuration on many systems.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3 F23g
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX-580
Mac
iMac
I suspect the same is true for the other merged plug-in's in that commonly used options are enabled as default hence the reason WhatEverGreen works so well with minimal configuration on many systems.
Thanks for your explanation, now this all makes more sense to me.
Cheers