Contribute
Register

ALC892 audio doesn't work - macOS Catalina 10.15.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.

I'm having the same problem, tried everything you posted here bu nothing worked. Tried also diferents audio ids as informed in other posts but no result. Headphones are working normally.

@LiveSorcerer I tried the alcid=20 but still didn't work. Can you put your efi folder here so I can check it?

While the sound works for me as expected with this card using layout-id 1 or 20, in both cases the output sound through the MB connectors is significantly weaker than the one through BT. I have a pair of Edifier speakers that work through 3.5mm jack connection as well as through BT. And the BT level is like 2-3 times higher than the one through the 3.5mm connector. Obviously, not a significant issue, however, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same with this MB.

Edit: I have ended up using layout-id 15 since for me it shows correctly all rear connectors (4 outputs and 2 inputs). The volume difference between the connectors and BT is still there (i.e. BT being 2-3 times louder than through connectors)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back