Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
You will need to show photos of all BIOS setup screens.
Bios picture below. BTW if I change boot mode to "Legacy" I will get picture like the last one(with black screen).

Attachments

• DSC_0540.JPG
    DSC_0540.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 139
  • DSC_0541.JPG
    DSC_0541.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 186
  • DSC_0543.JPG
    DSC_0543.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 92
  • DSC_0545.JPG
    DSC_0545.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 136
  • DSC_0544.JPG
    DSC_0544.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 111
Bios picture below. BTW if I change boot mode to "Legacy" I will get picture like the last one(with black screen).

If you have an option for both UEFI and legacy, select it.
I can't tell what options you have from the photos you attached.

Note that in a lot of cases, implementing backlight control tends to fix the issue you're reporting (even without CSM).

Note that in a lot of cases, implementing backlight control tends to fix the issue you're reporting (even without CSM).
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
Is this the right guidance I should follow with? I'll try to fix backlight control first to see what's going to happen. Cause my bios seems don't have that kind of option...

Or is it possible that this only happens on Sierra? I'm thinking if the backlight control is not willing to fix this problem, I'll try to install High Sierra instead.

Sierra (10.12.4 and later)/High Sierra use the same backlight guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
In the guidance above, there is a line in installation section saying "Add the patch marked with comment "change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)" from ~/Projects/guide.git/config_patches.plist to your own config.plist". But the config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist isn't actually contain that patch. Seems like all the other config.plist do not have patch either.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 11.48.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 11.48.54 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 109
In the guidance above, there is a line in installation section saying "Add the patch marked with comment "change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)" from ~/Projects/guide.git/config_patches.plist to your own config.plist". But the config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist isn't actually contain that patch. Seems like all the other config.plist do not have patch either.
Oops.. I just saw "do not clover configurator"

The guide says to look at config_patches.plist, so why are you looking for the patch in config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back