Contribute
Register

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, So not entirely sure what I’m doing. Just want to get a “GMYLE - Express USB3 card - BC628” working on my:

17” Macbook Pro, mid 2010 (MacBookPro6,1)
OSX El Capitan 10.11.5

I downloaded MultiBeast 8.2.3

Do I need to go:
USB > 7/8/9 Series USB Support > Build > Install ?

It keeps saying installation failed?

USB 3.0 & 2.0 confirmed working on Gigabyte GA-Z170N WiFi running 10.11.5 with Intel 560HD! Speed is around 240MB/s write and over 480MB/s read. The setup is derived from this guide >http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/. I didn't use Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext but I made sure to add the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi file in EFI/Clover/drivers64efi, add SSDT-i7-6700.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, add and only use USBInject.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 & 10.10 and installing it into L/E via KextBeast as well as the mentioned config.plist file into EFI/Clover. Once installed rebooting got it working. Still not got sound from the ports yet but ethernet port works (using Intel Mausiethernet from Multibeast).

I am having the same issue.

I have two cards. The Sonnet and the LACIE card.

I have never managed to run the heavy desktop drives off the Sonnet, but since my latest reinstall of the system my LACIE card doesn't work.

I tried the LACIE drive, and I have tried copying the KEXT. However OS X is telling me the file is not working, even before I have time to run the Kext Wizard.

//C

I have a quite strange behaviour in my Desktop.
I have an external 4Tb Seagate (PID=0x3312, VID=0x0bc2), it works fine if I plug in any usb2 port but doesn't seems to work on usb3 ports. The usb3 ports works fine with usb2 devices but with this external one. And yes, it works on any other OS.

IOReg attached (I made one with -rxn GenericUSBXHCI and a full one).

Attachments

• USB3.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 222
  • ioreg.txt
    67 KB · Views: 863
I'm running El Capitan on a Dell Latitude E6420. I bought a generic NEC Renesas uPD720202 ExpressCard and installed the Generic XHCI kext. The card shows up on the menu bar and I see it in the PCI section in System Information but no USB 3.0 hub is showing in the USB section. Plugging devices into the card does nothing. The card works fine in Windows.

Is this fixable or do I need a BC628 based card?

I'm running El Capitan on a Dell Latitude E6420. I bought a generic NEC Renesas uPD720202 ExpressCard and installed the Generic XHCI kext. The card shows up on the menu bar and I see it in the PCI section in System Information but no USB 3.0 hub is showing in the USB section. Plugging devices into the card does nothing. The card works fine in Windows.

Is this fixable or do I need a BC628 based card?

No status expected in System Information->USB. Plug device in prior to booting.

I am. The card is in the slot during boot.

IORegExp shows the root hubs to be "Simulation"?

I'm reading elsewhere that the NEC/Renesas cards are not supported in 10.11. I've ordered a Fresco Logic FL1100 card to give it a go. At least these things are so cheap.

I'm reading elsewhere that the NEC/Renesas cards are not supported in 10.11. I've ordered a Fresco Logic FL1100 card to give it a go. At least these things are so cheap.

FL1100 should work well in Mac OS X. I have an OWC Thunderbolt 2 dock connected to a Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter. The OWC Thunderbolt 2 dock has two Fresco Logic FL1100 USB controllers that are controlled by Apple's USB driver AppleUSBXHCIFL1100. They each support up to four USB 3.0/2.0 ports but the dock only has 5 USB ports and 1 USB 2.0 audio codec (headphones/mic).

Interestingly, if I remove the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and let OS X use it's own driver the bus shows up in USB. I tried plugging an Apple Mighty Mouse into the card and it shows up. However, the movement is EXTREMELY slow and erratic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back