Contribute
Register

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, if I remove the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and let OS X use it's own driver the bus shows up in USB. I tried plugging an Apple Mighty Mouse into the card and it shows up. However, the movement is EXTREMELY slow and erratic.
Does the console log show any USB errors? Otherwise there would be no reason for it to be slow and erratic, unless it was a wireless Mighty Mouse, but then we would be talking about Bluetooth, unless you were using a USB Bluetooth adapter...

The same as you, does not show any USB3.0 device in sys info under USB. Could this issue be solved?

I have the same problem, and actually is worse since the installation of the generic driver is always failing.

does any body can respond to us?

I just install my expresscard and this how it shows but can't get it in the finder. any help?
Captura de pantalla 2016-07-12 a las 8.36.09 p.m..png
Captura de pantalla 2016-07-12 a las 8.38.25 p.m..png

FL1100 should work well in Mac OS X. I have an OWC Thunderbolt 2 dock connected to a Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter. The OWC Thunderbolt 2 dock has two Fresco Logic FL1100 USB controllers that are controlled by Apple's USB driver AppleUSBXHCIFL1100. They each support up to four USB 3.0/2.0 ports but the dock only has 5 USB ports and 1 USB 2.0 audio codec (headphones/mic).

I finally received my FL1100 card from China. The card came slightly bent from shipping but still seems to work. However, if the card is already inserted, plugging a USB 3.0 device causes the card to stop working. This doesn't happen when I plug a USB 2.0 device into the card. I can eject the card and reinsert it with the device already plugged in and have it work. This happens in both Mac OS X and Windows 10 so it's a hardware problem of some kind. The card at least works in both OS's without any additional drivers with only that caveat.

I tried this 3rd Party USB kext with my Intel NUC Haskell and 10.11.6, to use a PCIe USB Card.
It works partially.
For example the USB card recognize USB storage or USB keyboard, but not my USB sound cards.
On Maverick it worked perfectly. It seems that 3rd Party USB kext is partially compatible with 10.11.6 OS.
Any chance to see it upgraded?

Hi Viqsi,

can you describe what you had to do to get USB 3.0 to work with the W520?

DSDT edit? Clover config?

I tried, but without success.

Thanks a lot!

I don't recall the DSDT edits done, but here's an attached copy of my DSDT. It's twitchy sometimes; I don't always get functionality the first time I plug something in, but the second time generally works. Hope this helps (and sorry for the delay; I don't check this site all that often :) ).

Attachments

• newcurrent.aml
    53.8 KB · Views: 155
Hi, So not entirely sure what I’m doing. Just want to get a “GMYLE - Express USB3 card - BC628” working on my:

17” Macbook Pro, mid 2010 (MacBookPro6,1)
OSX El Capitan 10.11.5

I downloaded MultiBeast 8.2.3

Do I need to go:
USB > 7/8/9 Series USB Support > Build > Install ?

It keeps saying installation failed?

Hey mate,

Did you get your USB 3.0 working with the BC628 GMYLE USB3.0 card you bought? I am also in the same boat as you, trying to get the Expresscard slot to recognize my USB3 dualport card (mine's a NEC chip tho). I also used Multibeast 8.2.3 for El Capitan 10.11.6

If your card is working now, I will just go ahead an buy the same card on eBay. Good thing they are cheap!

Thx in advance

I install fresh sierra. my motherboard is asus z68 lx . and i used usbgeneric kext for my asmedia usb 3.0..and its running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back