Contribute
Register

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2+

Status
Not open for further replies.
This driver has been added to MultiBeast as Drivers > USB > 3rd Party USB 3.0

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 10.25.54 AM.png

Hi friends,

I recently went up to El Capitan and it's been a disaster. In this case, I'm trying to sort the USB 3.0 ports, but I'm having trouble. Here's what I tried (and didn't work).

1. Downloaded GenericUSBXHCI.kext from the repo provided
  2. Placed on my desktop and installed to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast
  3. Repaired Permissions
  4. Restart
... still no USB 3.0 ports functioning.

I'm not sure what to do from here. Are there configurations I've missed in Clover Configuration? Should I run MultiBeast again with specific settings?

Not being a hardcore developer I could really use some guidance. Still have a number of lingering issues, but the USB ports are killing me — I can't even use my peripherals!

(PS, yes, the hardware works because A.) it worked fine in Yosemite for several years, and B.) I used a USB 3.0 port to install from a Unibeast Installer thumb drive.)

For your 7 Series motherboard I recommend using the 7/8/9 Series USB option (FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux) from MultiBeast:

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 10.30.19 AM.png

For your 7 Series motherboard I recommend using the 7/8/9 Series USB option (FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux) from MultiBeast:

Thank you Tony for the tip. I will try this and report back! I appreciate the screenshot as well.

UPDATE: It works! Thanks for the guidance — I don't know if I ever would have made the connection to that particular checkbox.

Last edited:
I'm literally lost on the second sentence. Surely a thread with 127 pages needs to be distilled a bit to actionable steps. I don't think I'm alone here — El Capitan has forced me to read more tutorials and uncover more technical details than any OS or configuration previously. I'm more lost than ever.

Read the guide before you judge.

Hi, I recently bought BC628, express usb 3.0 card.
I'm having troubles to install the driver for my macbook pro (late 2008) with os X el capitan version 10.11.4.
I have tried couple things such as installing genericUSBXHCI.kext.
But, it's not working. When I plug the card, I do see the usb controller icon on the task bar as a icon with the only option of power off card. In the system report, the driver is not installed. And, When I connect the usb device into the card, the power is on but, it is not recognized in the finder.

Could you help me out to install the right driver for the product?

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• driver.pdf
    62 KB · Views: 176
  • hard.pdf
    22.2 KB · Views: 155
3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext in OS X 10.11.2

Wow USB 3.1 support-

Just tried Rehabman's branch on the Z170 and boom USB 3.1 type-A basic support- the Red port on the rear of the ASUS Maximus VIII works. I don't think it's working much faster than USB 3.0 but at least it works. Test drive is USB 3.1 to SATA adapter with Samsung EVO.

ASMedia® USB 3.1 controller :
1 x USB 3.1 port(s) (1 at back panel, red, Type-A)

View attachment 167357
USB 2.0
View attachment 167358
USB 3.0
View attachment 167359
USB 3.1
Hi, what asmedia controller are you using? I tried last GenericUSBXHCI.kext dated 12/15/2015 and it doesn't help me on msi z170a-g43 plus under 10.11.4 and asmedia 1142 (10b21:1242) Only usb2 devices are supported.

View attachment 194861

Hi, I found a USB3 bracket ın my home. This is probably my old P8P67 EVO bracket. I put this bracket for my new system Asus Z170-A but it doesnt recognize it.

I already using GenericUSBXHCI.kext and USBInject.kext for my Z170 system.

Here it is can I use also this USB bracket with these kext (FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux).

If I use it will be get any problem with the other kext?

Edit: I tried but it but these kext doesnt recognize it.

Last edited:
GenericUSBXHCI.kext now working in OS X 10.11.5 on GA-X58A-UD7 Rev. 1 but does not show any USB3.0 device in sys info under USB, but it does show up under Storage
ToshibaUSB3 shows in USB2 port.png
Toshiba USB3 shows in Storage.png
ToshibaUSB3 in USB3 port.png
ToshibaUSB3 in USB2 port.png

Clover boot menu does not load get entries on my usb 3.0 stick.

I installed el capitan into usb 3.0 stick with latest version OSX-Generic-USB3 kexts and the installation usb stick was plug on USB 2.0 which works fine. Initially El capitan installation program does not recognize my usb 3.0 chip(renasas).
After I put OSX-Generic-USB3 kext into /EFI/Clover/kexts/other, I could finally install on the usb 3.0 stick. However, after the installation, at clover boot menu, I did not see any options installed in usb 3.0 stick (normally should have 2 options, 1 for boot osx, and the other for recovery)

Are there any way to load boot options from renesas usb 3.0?

Thanks

Can GenericUSBXHCI.kext be used to support USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) on Intel Alpine Ridge DSL6540 controller? AppleUSBXHCIPCI attaches to this device (8086,15b6) and creates two AppleUSB20XHCIPort (USB 2.0 ports) which appear to work, but AppleUSBXHCIPCI doesn't like the reported 10 Gbps speed so doesn't spawn the high speed ports.

Code:
AppleUSBXHCIPCI@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: created port 1
AppleUSBXHCIPCI@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: created port 2
AppleUSBXHCIPCI@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: unsupported speed mantissa 10 exponent 3
AppleUSBXHCIPCI@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: port 3 unsupported protocol USB  03.01
AppleUSBXHCIPCI@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 3
AppleUSBXHCIPCI@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::getCompanionPortGated: unsupported protocol USB  03.01
AppleUSBXHCIPCI@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::getCompanionPortGated: unsupported protocol USB  03.01

Maybe it would be better to try to patch AppleUSBXHCIPCI if the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 is not too great...

AppleUSBXHCIPCI also has problems sleeping and waking. Maybe a patch for the Gen 2 ports would improve that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back