Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to drop a line here.

I'm on the Z77X-UD5H with Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 Ghz OC.

I'm booting the following:

bios settings as per the first page of this thread.
boot0md from chameleon wiz (I have win7 on another hdd)
GE=No
fb-rotate on login

Works perfectly, and is the only card in the system/enabled.

LuxMark: 1911

Hi all,
i have an AMD Sapphire HD 7850 2GB OC model ID 0x6819. See foto LINK!

My pc configuration is:

- Asus p8z68-v lx
- Intel i5-2500k
- 8GB Ram
- OSx 10.8.5

With the integrated card (intel 3000) computer boot normally with no trick. To boot with the 7850 i need "GraphiscEnabler=No" string on boot, but i have a low resolution and only 3Mb video memory (see same photo).
I tried with the kexts in first page but MLion won't boot. Solutions?

I have Gygabyte 7770 1GB OC , and Asrock b-73 pro3-m.I tried installing sleepenabler kext but it fails loading mac os.I installed in other partition with graphic card disconected and I deleted sleep enabler kext from other partition and both work without graphic(with integrated graphics intel 2000).I can't load mac with sleepenabler enabled
Thanks in advince

Can't boot with Sapphire 1GB 7850.

I get boot0:done

I'm using an i3 3220, H77 Pro4-M and obviously a 7850.

No luck. Awesome card but now that I'm using Mac just as much as windows, I need a card that works for both.

Bought an Asus Direct CU II HD7870 2GB Card about a week or two ago.
Works OOB, but get gibberish text at Chimera.
Now I use my HD2000 to boot, and my HD7870 does the rest.
All fine with dualbooting Mac OS X 10.8.5 and Windows 8.1 Pro.

Hey Guys,

I have just about everything working perfectly well except the boot problem, I have tried the clover booloader trick, by setting the primary graphics to onboard, but for some reason it stills tries to load chimera which is weird, maybe its my motherboard cause the post said gigabyte motherboard with integrated graphics, IDK. I thought if you install another booloader over the previous one it will be the new boot for the booloader. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Other than that issue I have every working more or less, stable enough for me. Here are my specs

I3-3240 Ivy Bridge @ 3.4 GHz

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Motherboard (Patched Bios 2.7)

8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 Ram

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB

Roswell Redbone U3 Case

Roswell 650Watt Powersuply

Other extra hardware that dont matter.

To make a long story short all i did was set up mountain lion 10.8.2 just like you normally would, install it run multi-beast choose what you need and restart. Then update to 10.8.3 and restart (Do not run multi-beast again as it will cause problems, most of the kext from previous run are still installed) Should boot up. Now if you have a ati/amd graphics card like I do, then you need to put your dsdt edited for graphics and HD audio in the extra folder then update to 10.8.3 and restart that it. You probably will get a black or white screen just sleep and wake and your good to go.

One problem I had was my keyboard and mouse stay asleep even after system had woke, just be patient it will wake up, only happens every know and then.

Just wanted to give quick instruction on how i got mine working, if you need more detailed help, message me and I will make a video or a detail written guide with pictures.

happy hackintosh

Here is some pics..

View attachment 49885View attachment 49888View attachment 49887View attachment 49886

SAme video card here please send me the dsdt for your video card

Hi.I have problems getting XFX 7850 to work with more than 2 displays in Mavericks(official release),I have used 3 monitors on 10.8.3 without a problem connected to the 7850 and 1 connected to the iGPU-Intel HD4000 (total of 4 displays).Now in Mavericks I can run 7850 as primary during the installation and after the installation with no problems ,but with only 2 displays,if I connect 3 displays my PC freeze and I have to restart it.I just edited 2 kexts and install them with Kextbeast ,as I did in 10.8.3.,but in 10.8.3 I connected there 3 displays without problems.If I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes , I get Memory allocation error..My problem is I want to connect all of my displays to the 7850 without my PC freezing.If there is a solution I will be very grateful.Thank you and have a nice day.

Thought I'd get a post together here in the graphics section to collect 7xxx testing in the new 10.8.3. Here are some hints/tricks- I'll be publishing an article sometime next week.

I have the MSI Radeon HD 7870, booting via UniBeast MBR formatted disk- GraphicsEnabler=No. You then have to sleep the rig via Power Button, and when it wakes, joy. Not exactly ideal- but here are my test results. Fully working OpenCL/OpenGL and connectors in 10.8.3.

How to Boot from Hard Drive with AMD Radeon HD 7xxx:
When using a board with integrated graphics, set that to Primary display with the card in. It should work in tandem with the IGPU to boot successfully. On Gigabyte boards, set these 2 settings for dual graphics. You can set GraphicsEnabler=Yes, use default GUID partition format, and everything will work.

Init Display First: IGFX
Internal Graphics: Disabled (OS X will recognize fully)

View attachment 49748

Does this work with nvidia cards on Mavericks?I follow this post:http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...md-nvidia-working-together-21.html#post505510
But I was fortunate enough to see both cards in System Information/Graphics/Display.
Please answer.Thanks Tonymacx86

Hi @tonymacx86 I have a problem.My Hackintosh don't see booth graphics card.I follow your post and I had no luck:http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-7xxx-graphics-testing-thread.html#post568110 and I follow this link and again I had no luck:http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...0-amd-nvidia-working-together.html#post505510.
I set my this bios:look picture-
130317145906.jpg
I post my bios as shown,but after restart settings mz Init Display is Auto.
Can you help please....:banghead::banghead:
I don't have idea hao to setting.But I do'nt have a luck.

@tonymacosx86 please aswer me on my question!!!!!!What do you think is it possible to see both graphics on Mavericks 10.9.My graphics card GTX 560 TI and HD4000.Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back