Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@redhatmac How did you install ML? With the card plugged in all time? Do you boot with the iGPU? I had those EBIOS lines even with the 6xxx GPUs, not sure what those mean.

My card is in the About section as well. But in Cinebench I don't get as many pts as I should be getting. So I am guessing somethings not working right. Even though I can boot with the iGPU and I have installed it with the GPU (after white screen i just went into sleep and woke up again, then I could access the OS)

@redhatmac How did you install ML? With the card plugged in all time? Do you boot with the iGPU? I had those EBIOS lines even with the 6xxx GPUs, not sure what those mean.

My card is in the About section as well. But in Cinebench I don't get as many pts as I should be getting. So I am guessing somethings not working right. Even though I can boot with the iGPU and I have installed it with the GPU (after white screen i just went into sleep and woke up again, then I could access the OS)

i clean installed ML 10.8.4 and all this time the powercables from the PSU were unplugged, and i was using IGFX during the whole process.
once i got through the ML installation, i had to go through -x to install multibeast and chimera. once i did that, i shut down the computer, plugged in the cables from PSU, my displayport in the gfx card, and( to verify what was going on, ) i plugged my hdmi to motherboard's hdmi out (HD 4000).

it booted all fine, and i saw on HD 4000, some scalelined graphics, but my sleeping main display suddenly woke up in the full glory of a working 7950. i quickly saw the about my mac, and saw HD 7950 written. i have read somewhere in the forums that if u see 7XXX it might not be working , but if u see actual numbers, we are good.i might be wrong, but i checked luxmark and photoshop for opencl , and they were right there.

still dont know what to do about those EBIOS stuffs.

oh and btw, i downloaded the latest 10.8.4 from app store like yesterday. maybe there is something with the build? call me a retard :))

Alright maybe I am going to try to install without a gfx card as well. I installed with my 7750 in it. It worked all pretty fine. Until the white screen. Then I got mad a little bit and wanted to shut off the computer, but I didn't push long enough so it went to sleep. Then to the login after tapping it again.

Now I got 7xxx in "About Mac". I remember having 6850 in "About Mac", so you're probably right with that its not working entirely.

EDIT:

Alright, nothing has changed after reinstalling it without the gfx card. Anyway at least it works (with GraphicsEnabler=No) The only thing I want to get working now is HWMonitor.

Alright maybe I am going to try to install without a gfx card as well. I installed with my 7750 in it. It worked all pretty fine. Until the white screen. Then I got mad a little bit and wanted to shut off the computer, but I didn't push long enough so it went to sleep. Then to the login after tapping it again.

Now I got 7xxx in "About Mac". I remember having 6850 in "About Mac", so you're probably right with that its not working entirely.

EDIT:

Alright, nothing has changed after reinstalling it without the gfx card. Anyway at least it works (with GraphicsEnabler=No) The only thing I want to get working now is HWMonitor.

my graphicsenabler=Yes (i see both HD4000 and HD7950), and about HW monitor, i found some pkg file from github. it works. not the latest one cos istatsmenu freezes entire system when clicked.

@redhatmac I have tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes (actually its by default in the chameleon.plist), but I simply get no signal and the monitor is black on both Outputs. Can you post the link from that hwmonitor that works? Because I have tried the latest one and it froze.

@redhatmac I have tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes (actually its by default in the chameleon.plist), but I simply get no signal and the monitor is black on both Outputs. Can you post the link from that hwmonitor that works? Because I have tried the latest one and it froze.

pretty strange. if i remember well, do we also need a special edited kext for 7750? or it just works OOB too? have no idea,u must ask ppl around here with that card.

here is the HWmonitor lemme know if u can download

HWSensors.pkg

I could download it. But apparently my system is having problems with the FakeSMC, because I couldn't boot without -x and the USB as a bootloader. But the HWMonitor worked once booted, even though just the HDD showed up.
I think it is the GPU Sensor that causes HWMonitor to crash the system. I'll try now using HWMonitor without the GPUSensor.kext if I can find it :')

Yes, HWMonitor works without the GPUSensors.kext found at System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Plugins (just click show package content). Lets see when there comes out a new GPUSensors.kext. Then I can monitor my gfx card as well :)

Hi there!

My HD 7950 is working fine with HDMI and DVI, but as soon as I try to plugin a monitor via Mini Displayport, I get a white screen with only my mouse on that monitor. I'm using Futomaki as framebuffer, injected via Clover UEFI boot. I don't need the sleep trick.
Is there a way to fix that issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back