Contribute
Register

Z77X-UD5H and i7-3770k Boot loop problem before install - need a hint!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
HD4000 and ATI Radeon 4870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H F14(latest BIOS), a i7-3770k cpu, corsair 16gig of ram(4x4 low profile kit), using the IGP HD4000 with the DVI port and an old dvi monitor.

First of all, Windows 7 installed perfectly.

But when trying to install OSX Lion, I am getting a boot loop right where unibeast is trying to get into graphic mode. Like i see the white screen and the apple logo for half a second and it reboots. (I am using the usb2.0 back ports as I have read they are recommended.)

I am currently using only one SATA drive. it is connected to the SATA2 first port. I have installed windows first on this hdd. My HDD is 500gig. I have done a 120gig partition install first to install OSX. Windows 7 reserved itself a 100mb at the beginning of the drive for his boot loader. Then I made a second partition of 120gig to install Windows 7. Then I made a 3rd partition for temporary data with the rest of the empty space.

1- Could the fact that my drive is a dual OS drive be the problem of the boot loop?
Answer : I was not the problem!

I have downloaded unibeast a few week ago and made my bootable usb stick according to the lion unibeast usb install guide from tonymacx86.

2- I did not install Bridge Helper on my USB stick. Can this be the problem of the boot loop?
Answer : It was the problem. Read other posts in this thread!

I also have a CT intel nic in one of my pcie 1x mobo. Firewire and both onboard nics are disabled. I also have a DB burner in there connected to the second sata2 port.

I played around the BIOS to try a few settings that people suggested in a couple of different threads this forum but I had no luck!

Can anyone help or give me a hint? Or if you have a good that I didnt find but that I should read, I would be glad to do so! :O)

Thanks alot!

Milhouse

I'm having the same problem on a new build with a Z77X-UD5H board. But its a clean install with a blank hard drive. I installed GeForce GT 640, and using and old dell lcd screen.
Anyone have any suggestions how to get the flash drive to boot into the lion installer?
thanks!

Z77X-UD5H and i7-3770k Boot loop problem before install - Solved

I finally found that even if BridgeHelper 5.0.0 is for OSX 10.7.4 only, I was able make the installer start in graphic mode. So I installed BridgeHelper on my usb stick after making my unibeast lion usb stick.

But the problem is that my internal sata hdd wont get detected still. But When I connect an external ssd via usb2.0, i can partition it within the unibeast menu options and install osx completely onto it!

I have read on this forum that using BridgeHelper 4.0.1 would fix this issue, so I guess I will have to build myself a new thumbstick with it! And if that does not work, I guess I will have to completely delete my Windows 7 Installation and make it a bare drive without any partition.

Here is some good information I found :

Lion Installation Guide for Ivy Bridge CPUs [10.7.4 - OLD]
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59052

that seemed to get the boot rolling!! thanks + keep me posted if you run into any further problems since we're doing a similar install.

Is you internal sata HDD detected during the install? Mine is not!

Thanks

Is you internal sata HDD detected during the install? Mine is since I am using BridgeHelper 4.0.1!

Yeah it was detected, but then when i rebooted after the install I still get the same blank reboot when i lauch the hd install instead of my usb stick.
Here's my error:
[hd(1,2)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist) 232 bytes
EBIOS read error: Device timeout
Block 0x4 Sector 0
and then this repeats to block 0x7d0d72
ect...

Stuck! any suggestions? It looks like a bios problem... and something with the install..

If you're using 10.7.4 you should not be using bridgehelper, it was designed as a temporary fix only and no longer necessary. Re-create your Unibeast drive, set video ram to 64MB in the bios, and use "GraphicsEnabler=yes" as a boot flag. If that doesn't work for you make sure you are using the latest chimera 1.11 as your bootloader.

Yeah it was detected, but then when i rebooted after the install I still get the same blank reboot when i lauch the hd install instead of my usb stick.
Here's my error:
[hd(1,2)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist) 232 bytes
EBIOS read error: Device timeout
Block 0x4 Sector 0
and then this repeats to block 0x7d0d72
ect...

Stuck! any suggestions? It looks like a bios problem... and something with the install..

You have to reboot on your usb stick, delete and install a file, then boot from the hdd... ;O)

I had to boot in the F14 BIOS without the usb stick in the usb 2.0 backport. Setted everything that I wanted in the BIOS as for booting priorities. When done, Isaved and rebooted, then enter the bios again. Connected my usb stick and did CTRL+ATL+DELto reboot without saving then pushed F12 until I had the choice to bypass the boot priority with the usb stick. In my opinion, it looks like a BIOS bug. But I have read something about UEFI boot beeing a problem... So always choose non uefi bootable...

If you look at the link up there, there is also a file to delete on your hdd and a file to copy from your usb stick to your hdd...

If you are not using the F14 BIOS, I suggest to upgrade as there has been many bug fixes since the first UEFI BIOS.

(I just bought ML and downloading atm! ;O) )

I reformated my flash drive with Unibeast 1.4 (1.5 doesn't see lion in app folder) without bridgehelper with GraphicsEnabler=yes, but no luck, still the crash and reboot at the flicker of the apple installer screen. I then tried to install chimera ontop of the unibeast 1.4 but still no luck. running bios F14. Any way to force unibeast 1.5 to see lion in my app folder if that is my problem??
any thing else i should try?? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back