Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Simply post both of your diagrams and I'll create the port map SSDT.

@CaseySJ My shutdown/restart & sleep/wake is not working properly. I wanna use port maps in your way.

full
full
Here are my diagrams. Please create port maps. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

just built an Z690 system and I'm VERY happy with it!

I was just wondering if we really need CPUFriend. It makes no difference on my build. I'm using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, does it have a sense to use DataProvider from the same version? Anyway without the kexts I have proper PowerManagement working and in IDLE the processor goes down to 2W power consumption... to me it feels ok, what do you think?

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 09.50.17.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 09.52.10.jpg

Hi,

just built an Z690 system and I'm VERY happy with it!

I was just wondering if we really need CPUFriend. It makes no difference on my build. I'm using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, does it have a sense to use DataProvider from the same version? Anyway without the kexts I have proper PowerManagement working and in IDLE the processor goes down to 2W power consumption... to me it feels ok, what do you think?

View attachment 562184
View attachment 562185
Because you’re using iMacPro1,1 it’s not necessary to use CPUFriend and CPUFriendDataProvider from the EFI folder in this thread. Reason: We are using COU frequency vectors from a real iMacPro1,1 and injecting them into MacPro7,1. This helps MacPro7,1 but has no benefit for iMacPro1,1.

@CaseySJ My shutdown/restart & sleep/wake is not working properly. I wanna use port maps in your way.

full
full
Here are my diagrams. Please create port maps. Thanks in advance.
You’ve done the hard part so now you can do the easy part as well!
  • Refer to one of my USB SSDTs, rename it for your motherboard, and customize it based on the port diagrams above
  • Each USB port has a one-byte address from 0x00 to 0xFF
  • For HSxx ports we can typically use xx as the address; so HS01 uses address 0x01 and HS02 uses address 0x02
  • For SSxx ports we must apply USBInjectAll boot argument to disable all HS ports and reboot; now IORegistryExplorer will show all SS ports and their addresses: SS01@abcdefgh where abcdefgh will have one non-zero byte; that byte is the address
  • USB types are as follows:
    • 0x00 for black USB external connectors (these only support HS ports for USB 2)
    • 0x03 for blue, red, and yellow external connectors (any HS or SS port on this connector must be type 0x03)
    • 0xFF for internal USB headers
    • 0xFF for internal Bluetooth and ITE device (RGB controller)
    • 0x09 for USB Type C connectors (any HS or SS port on Type C connector must be 0x09)

Thanks for the help, now my system is completely sorted out and working amazingly well!

The only little disturbing thing is that I get low GB5 Metal score, that increases significantly (+30/35%) after a sleep cycle. Can't really figure out why and no-one seems to know what to suggest. Very, very strange I discovered it happens also on my old Z490 build if I switch to an iMacPro or MacPro SMBIOS, rather than iMac20.1

You’ve done the hard part so now you can do the easy part as well!
  • Refer to one of my USB SSDTs, rename it for your motherboard, and customize it based on the port diagrams above
  • Each USB port has a one-byte address from 0x00 to 0xFF
  • For HSxx ports we can typically use xx as the address; so HS01 uses address 0x01 and HS02 uses address 0x02
  • For SSxx ports we must apply USBInjectAll boot argument to disable all HS ports and reboot; now IORegistryExplorer will show all SS ports and their addresses: SS01@abcdefgh where abcdefgh will have one non-zero byte; that byte is the address
  • USB types are as follows:
    • 0x00 for black USB external connectors (these only support HS ports for USB 2)
    • 0x03 for blue, red, and yellow external connectors (any HS or SS port on this connector must be type 0x03)
    • 0xFF for internal USB headers
    • 0xFF for internal Bluetooth and ITE device (RGB controller)
    • 0x09 for USB Type C connectors (any HS or SS port on Type C connector must be 0x09)
What about using Hackintool to do that? Just leave the ports that you want active and it generates the files. It's what I used and it's much easier than manually editing the SSDT.

What about using Hackintool to do that? Just leave the ports that you want active and it generates the files. It's what I used and it's much easier than manually editing the SSDT.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both methods. @poles specifically wants to use the SSDT method.

@poles — once you have a draft SSDT, I can check it for you.

wants to use the SSDT method
I use it too, hackintool exports an SSDT-UIAC.aml as well, not only the kext. Then one uses the method that prefers.

Back