Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

The only little disturbing thing is that I get low GB5 Metal score, that increases significantly (+30/35%) after a sleep cycle. Can't really figure out why and no-one seems to know what to suggest. Very, very strange I discovered it happens also on my old Z490 build if I switch to an iMacPro or MacPro SMBIOS, rather than iMac20.1
This probably comes from using frequency vectors for a Xeon W-2100 from iMacPro SMBIOS rather than the Core-like CPUDataProvider from @vandroiy (or actual Core vectors from iMac20,1).

This probably comes from using frequency vectors for a Xeon W-2100 from iMacPro SMBIOS rather than the Core-like CPUDataProvider from @vandroiy (or actual Core vectors from iMac20,1).
Doesn't that affects CPU only? I'm talking about Metal GPU results... And how it it possible that the results changes after a sleep...?

Hi All,

I'm trying to troubleshoot a Lightroom Classic error. Adobe support sucks, and they have not been helpful. Every time I start Lightroom I don't see the import button and get an error changing modules.

I have a Gigabyte Aero G board with a 12900K. It has the I225V Intel NIC. I have a Radeon 6800XT. There is another thread on here discussing the topic, and identified it as an I225V error. I did the Ventura fix (commented out device properties for the I225V and eventually deleting it) to get ethernet to show, and it did not resolve my issue.

I did not have this problem on the last Monterey version, which was 12.6.1 I believe. I waited for Ventura 13.1 before upgrading. I installed Ventura 13.1 on a virtual machine followed by LRC to test a hardware neutral machine. I had no issues on the VM. I also don't have any issues on my M! Macbook Air.

Before reinstalling Ventura then Monterey, I want so see if anyone here has some nuggets I can use. I've tried all of the Adboe suggested fixes. I deleted and reinstalled Adobe (erasing the file directories too). Any suggestions on a fix?

which was 12.6.1 I believe. I waited for Ventura 13.1 before upgrading
Hi, exactly what happened to me! Monterey 12.6.1 was ok, but then 12.6.2 was released and it has the same problem as Ventura 13.1!

I fixed it by using AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext, deleting the device properties and adding e1000=0. Also make sure VT-D is enabled in BIOS and set DisableIoMapper to off

If you want share your EFI here and I'll give it a look

CPUDataProvider from @vandroiy
Are they still recommended anyway? Or are iMacPro1,1 frequency vectors (thay many use) the top choice for 12th or 13th gen CPU?

Last edited:
The recommendation has not changed.

Hi, exactly what happened to me! Monterey 12.6.1 was ok, but then 12.6.2 was released and it has the same problem as Ventura 13.1!

I fixed it by using AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext, deleting the device properties and adding e1000=0. Also make sure VT-D is enabled in BIOS and set DisableIoMapper to off

If you want share your EFI here and I'll give it a look
Here you go. You'll notice that the I225V in device properties of config.plist is commented out. My ethernet works. I tried the method you mentioned, which is the solution in the Lightroom thread. It did not work for me. But when I used AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext with the boot arg, I un-commented the I225V in device properties. Should I have left it commented out?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    41.8 MB · Views: 44
Here you go. You'll notice that the I225V in device properties of config.plist is commented out. My ethernet works. I tried the method you mentioned, which is the solution in the Lightroom thread. It did not work for me. But when I used AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext with the boot arg, I un-commented the I225V in device properties. Should I have left it commented out?
Try this EFI and let me know. Make sure VT-D is enabled in BIOS. (I deleted a couple of huge size kexts that you were not using, to slim down the EFI file size). Try it as it is, if it doesn't work try to re-enable SSDT-DMAC.aml only (mine was working without SSDT-DMAR.aml)
Should I have left it commented out?
Yes!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 45
Heeeey. What will happen when I change out my i5 10600k for an i9 11900k? Any precautions to get the system to boot? Z590 board, RX6600 gpu, running Ventura 13.1 and 20,1iMac profile. Been searching and asking but haven't been able to get to the bottom of it :/

Heeeey. What will happen when I change out my i5 10600k for an i9 11900k? Any precautions to get the system to boot? Z590 board, RX6600 gpu, running Ventura 13.1 and 20,1iMac profile. Been searching and asking but haven't been able to get to the bottom of it :/
I think you just have to add cpuid data as the processor won't be automatically recognized. And use a "pro" SMBIOS. But do you already have it? Otherwise a better update, with little little more money would be a z690 ddr4 motherboard with an 13600K/KF. More powerful, much cooler.

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 17.16.30.png

Last edited:
Back