Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

I have a good (this same) result with MacPro 7,1 but with iMac20,2 too .
There is a bigger difference (up to 10-15%) when overclock CPU .
The problem mainly affects K series CPUs (for OC) and only if You set higher clock ratio .
For example when use i5-11400 performance are exactly this same with or without force boost.
I think that other i7-11700, i9-11900 (non K series) no need any patch.

Of course may be different in the 12 Gen CPUs. So far use only 11 Gen.

p.s. Max OC scores for i5-12600K are about 12000 geekbench (windows).

Last edited:
For Thunderbolt Sleep/Wake, you can try LSTX method of my SSDT, this require adding method call on _PTS (Prepare To Sleep method of DSDT) by renaming it to XPTS and adding new _PTS method :

View attachment 534295

Very good -- changes made:

View attachment 534297

Will test soon. Currently enjoying Titan Ridge. :)
@Elias64Fr

Just ran this test as follows:
  • Installed GC-Maple Ridge with 5-pin header
  • Added ACPI rename: _PTS to XPTS
  • Added new Thunderbolt SSDT V5
  • Confirmed that ACPI rename took place
  • Connected Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro and confirmed it works
  • Put system to sleep
  • Wake system from sleep
  • Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro disappears from IOReg and does not reconnect after wake-from-sleep

Thunderbolt SSDT (LEFT) and DSDT (RIGHT):

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 6.52.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 6.50.29 AM.png

CaseySJ,

Talking of ACPI renames, I've found something very odd occurring with the Asus Z690.
I have been unable to use the SSDT-Gpu-Spoof for my RX550 card under Big Sur or Monterey with Alder Lake, despite being able to do so with my Z170N-WiFi board with both OSes. I enabled it like usual and added the PCIRoot path along with the relevant required keys. I am not sure what is causing it because the system stalls with the SSDT enabled at boot.

The unique display is installed in the first PCIe card slot, with a total of three card slots. The solid-state drive is plexor m9pg plus 1t, which is installed in the third PCIe card slot

Two comments:
  • We should use either USBInjectAll or XhciPortLimit, but not both at same time. Only USB 2.0 devices will work during installation. If your motherboard has a black USB 2.0 port, it would be best to connect keyboard and mouse to that port.
Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 7.22.51 AM.png

• What is this?
Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 7.24.13 AM.png

CaseySJ,

Talking of ACPI renames, I've found something very odd occurring with the Asus Z690.
I have been unable to use the SSDT-Gpu-Spoof for my RX550 card under Big Sur or Monterey with Alder Lake, despite being able to do so with my Z170N-WiFi board with both OSes. I enabled it like usual and added the PCIRoot path along with the relevant required keys. I am not sure what is causing it because the system stalls with the SSDT enabled at boot.
WhateverGreen is supposed to be capable of enforcing new GPU device-id when injected via OpenCore device property injection. Is your SSDT just doing a device ID injection?

Last edited:
@CaseySJ tomorrow or after tomorrow I'll receive the candies. Please give me your EFI and some tips for first boot. Thanx!
Which motherboard and CPU are you getting?

And which GPU?

CaseySJ,

Had the same issues spoofing both RX 550 and WX3200.
RX 550 must be the Polaris version and not the Lexa version.
The difference was made by using Whatevergreen ver 1.5.1 or below.
Above such version none of those cards devide-id get spoofed correctly. This regardless of the used chipset. All these chipsets work: B360, B365, Z370, Z390, Z490, X99.
While spoofing works for Whatevegreen version 1.5.1 and below it doesn't for ver 1.5.2 and above.
BTW I Use DeviceProperties and not a SSDT

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 16.40.24.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 16.40.24.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 64
WhateverGreen is supposed to capable of enforcing new GPU device-id when injected via OpenCore device property injection. Is your SSDT just doing a device ID injection?
I guess so, (it’s just the standard SSDT-GPU-Spoof I used from your guides before).

Which motherboard and CPU are you getting?

And which GPU?
i9-12900k, z690 Aorus Master, RX 6899 XT, Kingston Fury 5200 32 GB.

Back