Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Currently installing Monterey from scratch on a separate APFS volume on the same NVMe SSD as Big Sur. Eager to see whether our old friend, the Intel i225-V, will work.

(It works in Big Sur as always.)

Currently installing Monterey from scratch on a separate APFS volume on the same NVMe SSD as Big Sur. Eager to see whether our old friend, the Intel i225-V, will work.

(It works in Big Sur as always.)
Update on Monterey:
  • Installation was 100% painless and automatic with EFI folder from Big Sur.
  • Installed release version, 12.0.1.
  • Gigabyte Z690 Aero G has Intel i225-V Revision 0x03.
  • Unfortunately the port does not work (yet) in Monterey. Will try a couple of experiments before giving up.
Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 9.45.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 9.43.30 AM.png

ICYMBI:

Just bought a Vetroo V5 CPU heatsink and fan, with 5 heatpipes and LED fan.

Reading the instruction sheet I see it has an Intel screw mount position for LGA1700.

Might be useful?

Update on Monterey:
  • Installation was 100% painless and automatic with EFI folder from Big Sur.
  • Installed release version, 12.0.1.
  • Gigabyte Z690 Aero G has Intel i225-V Revision 0x03.
  • Unfortunately the port does not work (yet) in Monterey. Will try a couple of experiments before giving up.
View attachment 534399
View attachment 534398
The Intel i225-V Ethernet Port Works in Monterey!!
  • Not only does the on-board Rev 0x3 Intel i225-V port work in Monterey, but the correct driver is instantiated as well: AppleInteli210Ethernet.
  • It is necessary to inject device-ID 0xF2158680 as shown below.
Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 9.57.17 AM.png

The Intel i225-V Ethernet Port Works in Monterey!!
  • Not only does the on-board Rev 0x3 Intel i225-V port work in Monterey, but the correct driver is instantiated as well: AppleInteli210Ethernet.
  • It is necessary to inject device-ID 0xF2158680 as shown below.
View attachment 534402
Awesome ! let us know how it goes with the Titan Ridge..I see you got it right with the Maple Ridge except for hot plug I guess..let us know if hot plug is working with the Titan Ridge on Monterey !
You rock !!!

Awesome ! let us know how it goes with the Titan Ridge..I see you got it right with the Maple Ridge except for hot plug I guess..let us know if hot plug is working with the Titan Ridge on Monterey !
You rock !!!
Been there, done that. It should work in Monterey as well, but will confirm it soon. :)

Back