Nvidia?
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I am attempting to dual boot with Yosemite and Windows 8.1. Yosemite is in the first partition, Windows the second. The hard drive is GPT partitioned.
When I turn on my computer it skips directly to Windows. If I want to boot to Yosemite I have to boot from the install USB. I tried installing Chimera from Multibeast but it does not change anything, it still boots directly to Windows. How can I install Chimera, or any bootloader that will allow me to choose between Windows and Mac at boot without using an external USB?

Also, I can currently only boot using "-x -no-zp". Is there a way to make this automatic with Chimera or another bootloader?

Thanks.

Hi,
I am attempting to dual boot with Yosemite and Windows 8.1. Yosemite is in the first partition, Windows the second. The hard drive is GPT partitioned.
When I turn on my computer it skips directly to Windows. If I want to boot to Yosemite I have to boot from the install USB. I tried installing Chimera from Multibeast but it does not change anything, it still boots directly to Windows. How can I install Chimera, or any bootloader that will allow me to choose between Windows and Mac at boot without using an external USB?

Also, I can currently only boot using "-x -no-zp". Is there a way to make this automatic with Chimera or another bootloader?

Thanks.

To prevent your computer from directly booting to windows you have to change the boot priority in BIOS to load Clover / Chimera first, then Windows.

With Chimera you add this to your config.plist / configuration file:

<boot-args>-x -no-zp<boot-args>

It looks something like that, although I'm not sure of what it looks like exactly, but it's something like that. ;)

In Clover you just add it in "boot-args", using Clover Configurator (recommended).

P.S. You shouldn't boot w/ -x (safe mode), because that limits A LOT of functionality and capability with your Hack. Figure out why you have to boot with -x and solve the problem.
P.P.S. What's -no-zp?

If I don't use it I get a kernel panic :(. Maybe I can boot without -x but with -no-zp. I'll give that a try.
Thanks for the Chimera info. Where would i find that file?

After booting without -x (but with -no-zp) all my graphical glitches (hadn't mentioned them because I was going to tackle them tomorrow) are gone! Thanks so much!

I set the boot flags in org.Chameleon.Boot.plist, thanks for the tip.

However, I don't know what you mean by "To prevent your computer from directly booting to windows you have to change the boot priority in BIOS to load Clover / Chimera first, then Windows.".

How do I do this? In the boot order settings in my UEFI BIOS I can only select which drive I want to boot first, and Yosemite and Windows share the same drive, so how can I select Yosemite to boot first?

Thanks for the help so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back