Contribute
Register

Yosemite can't install bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
No unfortunately, although I am in the process of fixing a spare GPU, the one that originally came with my Dell xps.. it is also an amd radeon just slightly older but I'm not even sure it will work.

With that last boot it's just updated to read 'Resetting IOCatalogue' after about 10 minutes again.

EDIT : And now 'AppleLPC::start - Could not find IOPlatformPlugin driver.'

Can you please post an entire screen photo.

S

Attachments

• IMG_20150313_182322 (1).jpg
    IMG_20150313_182322 (1).jpg
    976.5 KB · Views: 172
Nope, installing it now. I've heard of it before but didn't realise it was necessary.. What does it actually do?

Nope, installing it now. I've heard of it before but didn't realise it was necessary.. What does it actually do?

FakeSMC.kext is the mandatory kext for booting the system.

Oh okay. Got to go now, now it's installed I will try with all the previous boot flags you mentioned and will post results. Thanks for your help!

Oh okay. Got to go now, now it's installed I will try with all the previous boot flags you mentioned and will post results. Thanks for your help!

Just give a try only with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes"

Okay I will in about half an hour.

Nope didn't work, just stopped again (screenshot). Still only one monitor plugged in. Not sure I installed fakesmc correctly? It just needs to go into the system extensions folder doesn't it?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    981.3 KB · Views: 137
Nope didn't work, just stopped again (screenshot). Still only one monitor plugged in. Not sure I installed fakesmc correctly? It just needs to go into the system extensions folder doesn't it?

How you installed the kext??

Try booting with "kext-dev-mode=1 -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v". Post result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back