Contribute
Register

Yosemite can't install bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay disconnected all monitors bar the dvi. Tried with the first list of boot flags you gave me again, still sticking at the same place.

Do you know what the actual message it hangs on means? Is it about bluetooth?

You are facing issue with the Graphics not Bluetooth.

Okay, so could anything to do with the darkwake or npci flag work? I only vaguely understand what they all do..

Okay, so could anything to do with the darkwake or npci flag work? I only vaguely understand what they all do..

darkwake will not make any changes here.

npci flags are for controling the initialization order.

Okay so no other ideas then?

Yeah I tried both with and without all of the monitors. It always just gets stuck at the same place.

But as I said in the beginning it still boots using the unibeast usb bootloader..

Are there any other bootloaders i can try and install?

Yeah I tried both with and without all of the monitors. It always just gets stuck at the same place.

But as I said in the beginning it still boots using the unibeast usb bootloader..

Try with "npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes"

Nope still hanging in the same spot..

No unfortunately, although I am in the process of fixing a spare GPU, the one that originally came with my Dell xps.. it is also an amd radeon just slightly older but I'm not even sure it will work.

With that last boot it's just updated to read 'Resetting IOCatalogue' after about 10 minutes again.

EDIT : And now 'AppleLPC::start - Could not find IOPlatformPlugin driver.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back