Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ellybz So, if your change was AirportBrcmfixup, it didn't work for me. Sorry to report that. I do appreciate the effort....

I suspect that will be the last time I post my EFI on this thread.

I have a Broadcom CS card in my other hack. I may switch it out and see what I get then....thanks again.
Hi there...first don't be sorry, you put your EFI on line..I put mine & I would do it again. This is how we evolve, kudos to those share theirs. I'm not surprised that @shael did not want to post his EFI :lol:. Don''t be discouraged by negative comments. Now, regarding your BT issue:
First I can bet you that @shael does not use any SSDTs @wifi/BT . So making comments on your EFI is out of place.
@izo1 does not use any SSDTs either. Why would I know that ? Because the first issue encountered is with that ARPT SSDT (provided by kgp). OC does not like it, I have to rewrite it. In the meantime its gone.
In my case it was not enough, so I added to AirportBRCM kext ( for my BRCM4331 ). This did the trick.
In your case you are using another card so try the other kexts/patch provided by @izo1 in previous post. I have not doubt it will work. Cheers :)

Hi there...first don't be sorry, you put your EFI on line..i put mine & i would do it again. This is how we evolve, kudos to those share theirs. I'm not surprised that @shael did not want to post his EFI :lol:, don''t be discouraged by negative comments. Now, regarding your BT issue:
First I can bet you that @shael does not use any SSDTs @wifi/BT . So making comments on your EFI is out of place.
@izo1 does not use any SSDTs either. Why would I know that ? Because the first issue encountered is with that ARPT SSDT ( provided by kgp ). OC does not like it, I have to rewrite it. In the meantime its gone.
In my case it was not enough, so I added to AirportBRCM kext ( for my BRCM4331 ). This did the trick.
In your case you are using another card so try the other kexts/patch provided by @izo1 in previous post. I have not doubt it will work. Cheers :)
I can assure you iI use SSDT's. ;) In fact I posted one in my previous post...however not for injecting device properties through the _DSM method.

Hi there...first don't be sorry, you put your EFI on line..i put mine & i would do it again. This is how we evolve, kudos to those share theirs. I'm not surprised that @shael did not want to post his EFI :lol:, don''t be discouraged by negative comments. Now, regarding your BT issue:
@izo1 does not use any SSDTs either. Why would I know that ? Because the first issue encountered is with that ARPT SSDT ( provided by kgp ). OC does not like it, I have to rewrite it. In the meantime its gone.
I use plenty of SSDTs for OC. Just not much in Clover.

The point of OC is to simplify the config file and EFI folder as much as possible. Adding too many variables defeats the purpose of this boot loader.:thumbup:

The provided sample configs are only set up to get you started you don’t have to use all of the commands.

give this a look over... (it belongs in the deviceproperties section of the config.plist)

**keep in mind this is for the card being in slot slot-3**

View attachment 421846

Code:
           <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>oEMAAA==</data>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Slot-3</string>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>AirPort Controller</string>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>OSX WIFI Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0 Controller</string>
                <key>compatible</key>
                <string>pci14e4,43a0</string>
                <key>name</key>
                <string>AirPort Extreme</string>
            </dict>

**EDIT**
As well please confirm that your usb 2.0 header on the board is enabled using ioreg.

Please dont tell me you have read the docs as your EFI clearly does not reflect such. if you still cant figure it out... post an ioreg dump and i will work with you on correcting the issue. that is if u want the help this time.

thanks to @apfelnico for the ssdt that i then further modified.
Dude, you need to chill...You don't want to put your EFI, I can respect that, but demeaning others is something I have no patience for. We are a community that help each other. A little kindness and compassion goes a long way.

And I'm trying to help... lol
Lets move past this and help @mm2margaret.

I use plenty of SSDTs for OC. Just not much in Clover.

The point of OC is to simplify the config file and EFI folder as much as possible. Adding too many variables defeats the purpose of this boot loader.:thumbup:

The provided sample configs are only set up to get you started you don’t have to use all of the commands.
Most SSDTs in Clover were only for cosmetics anyway. It took me some time to adapt and even create some new ones, so they don't throw me off. My comment was only about that SSDT-X299-ARPT. Everything else works.

Most SSDTs in Clover were only for cosmetics anyway. It took me some time to adapt and even create some new ones, so they don't throw me off. My comment was only about that SSDT-X299-ARPT. Everything else works.
Actually most included power resources for wake.

OC is different, people gotta stop comparing OC to Clover.

You will need a lot of SSDTs for OC.

OC is different, people gotta stop comparing OC to Clover.

You will need a lot of SSDTs for OC.
Such as "SSDT-EC-USBX"

such as "SSDT-EC-USBX"
I know that renaming ECO to EC seems to get a lot of attention, however I'm still not using it and all my USB ports are responding properly in Mojave & Catalina ( I have to do more tests on Catalina, still Vanilla for me ). I'll add it when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back