Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting late. Signing off for tonight. Bonne nuit/Good night

I know that renaming ECO to EC seems to get a lot of attention, however I'm still not using it and all my USB ports are responding properly in Mojave & Catalina ( I have to do more test on Catalina, still Vanilla for me )
* While renaming EC0 to EC might potentially work initially,
* it connects an incompatible driver (AppleACPIEC) to your hardware.
* This can make your system unbootable at any time or hide bugs that
* could trigger randomly.
that's already connected without a rename

1565844197557.png

However let me say that @mm2margaret issue is that HS07/HS08 is not enabled in the usb injector kext and thus the card is not receiving power for Bluetooth.

* While renaming EC0 to EC might potentially work initially,
* it connects an incompatible driver (AppleACPIEC) to your hardware.
* This can make your system unbootable at any time or hide bugs that
* could trigger randomly.
that's already connected without a rename

View attachment 421848

However let me say that @mm2margaret issue is that HS07/HS08 is not enabled in the usb injector kext and thus the card is not receiving power for Bluetooth.
We're gonna need to see her IOReg to verify this...Maybe she'll want to post it?. Really signing off now :lol:

We're gonna need to see her IOReg to verify this...Maybe she'll want to post it?

She is using an X299 Prime Deluxe... there is only one internal USB 2.0 header.. which contains HS07 and HS08.

Nothing like a good night of sleep to clear the mind.......

Let's see, this is a user to user help forum, and there's usually no money involved, but I do think some folks get confused about their egos and some minor knowledge inflating their sense of self importance. That's unfortunate, and I feel for those folks. After all, kindness and compassion are important.

As for you, @shael, no I don't want your help. Just not interested. I appreciate your technical expertise, but I don't appreciate the way you express your "desire" to help. How many times I have said that OC is just not that important to me and it's just not urgent that it works "flawlessly" or not.

I thought this might be fun to see if I could get it working. It was a lark, just give it a whirl. But this is not fun.

I also find it fascinating that you are so focused on me, a female, when @Lorengrin has the same issue. Why not focus on him? I suspect there are other issues as to why you've focused on me. If you really are interested in helping others, why not help him?

By the way, shael, almost half of my comments have helped other users, so I think that means I've been a positive force on this forum, and that also indicates that I've treated others pretty well.

At any rate, you and I are done. Have a wonderful life. I'm putting you on ignore, and if you did the same for me, I'd love it!

Never mind I made it work !!!:headbang:
@mm2margaret @flmmkr - Solution coming your way :) - post your EFI ( without S/N, UUID ) let me fix it.
Whatever it is I'll give it a try. Here's my EFI.

I should note that my WiFi/BT card is not a normal PCIE card. It's an m.2 PCIE card that replaces the WiFi/BT card that came with the X299 Prime Deluxe board. There is no USB connection to get it to power up, so the issue in my case is not USB related.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 76
Whatever it is I'll give it a try. Here's my EFI.

I should note that my WiFi/BT card is not a normal PCIE card. It's an m.2 PCIE card that replaces the WiFi/BT card that came with the X299 Prime Deluxe board. There is no USB connection to get it to power up, so the issue in my case is not USB related.
There you go. You got rid of the ARP SSDT, which is good, let's focus on the other options. I put 3 different configs. Let me know which one works. ( Difficult for me to do a better troubleshoot as I do not have your board in front of me ).
PS. @mm2margaret : You're welcome to try EFI2 & EFI3. @Lorengrin You can also try all of them. Do not forget to replace TSCAdjustreset according to your CPU. Cheers

Attachments

• EFI1.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 76
  • EFI2.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 69
  • EFI3.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
There you go. You got rid of the ARP SSDT, which is good, let's focus on the other options. I put 3 different configs. Let me know which one works. ( Difficult for me to do a better troubleshoot as I do not have your board ). Cheers
PS. @mm2margaret : You're welcome to try EFI2 & EFI3.

Thanks. I’ll take a look at these and see how it works, though I must say I just came back to report that I was able to get BT working.

Before, I had BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext installed and loading. Prior to OC and Catalina, I only needed BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, but once I installed Catalina (even with Clover) I found that BT didn’t work anymore. I added the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and that got BT working in Catalina and still working in Mojave. Tried OC, and no BT in Catalina, but working BT in Mojave still. So I just tried only BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and voila, BT working in Mojave and Catalina with OC. Even with Clover now I only need BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext. I think I have everything working now, but need to do a little more testing to be sure.

Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks. I’ll take a look at these and see how it works, though I must say I just came back to report that I was able to get BT working.

Before, I had BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext installed and loading. Prior to OC and Catalina, I only needed BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, but once I installed Catalina (even with Clover) I found that BT didn’t work anymore. I added the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and that got BT working in Catalina and still working in Mojave. Tried OC, and no BT in Catalina, but working BT in Mojave still. So I just tried only BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and voila, BT working in Mojave and Catalina with OC. Even with Clover now I only need BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext. I think I have everything working now, but need to do a little more testing to be sure.

Thank you so much for your help.
The ARP SSDT in Catalina was conflicting with OC, after removing it, it was just a matter of finding which kext injector was needed for the BT/Wifi card. I also bypassed the PrimeX299DeluxeUSB.kext and replaced it with USBInjectAll.kext & XCHCI portlimit in EFI2 & EFI3. Glad you made it work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back