Contribute
Register

X299 MSI High Sierra Build - Stable system. Looking for 4K monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Pete, will do.

Here you go. Hope you find it helpful.

Thanks man... my hero :headbang:

Finally I was able to boot the installer, also to install macOS. So far pretty everything works so far, USB, Bluetooth, Audio via HDMI (glad I switched from a 1080 to a Vega 64)..

well thats my performance out of the box

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-29 um 06.11.32.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-29 um 06.11.32.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 242
I'm happy for you!
I'm still struggling with Bluetooth, I just broke my USB ports, and I'm strongly considering a switch to AMD.

Hey Pete,

Do you think it would be worth it to switch from Geforce to Radeon?

Pete,

More questions.

I've just received my DP-to-mDP cable. The plan was to hook up my current iMac and turn it into my primary display. After more frustrations, I realise that my mac only works Thunderbolt - to - Thunderbolt!!!

So, now my thinking is that I get the Hackintosh up-and-running and stable. I will then sell the Imac to fund a proper screen.

To that end. You said that you used a Sierra installation and then upgraded to High Sierra. What was your experience like in Sierra? What didn't work (as far as the X299 and i7 7800x is concerned)? Help me if I'm wrong, but if I can rather get Sierra working, which to my understanding does support Nvidia, then I can continue with that until High Sierra becomes stable, and then upgrade.

What are your thoughts? I'm struggling to get High Sierra properly working, and I do animation so I need the OS to pick up the graphics card. Will Sierra be a viable option?

By the by, I attended the Super Rugby final! Big Lions supporter. Looking forward to see how we fare against you guys in the Rugby Championships!

Cheers my friend. And thanks for all the advise.

So I've started with trying to install Sierra. Haven't even made it to the installer yet :(
I managed to get past the Aptiofix error, made it past the plus sign error, but now I'm getting stuck trying just after/during the PCI configuration stage. USBXHCI line popping up at the bottom.

Boot commands are -v -npci=0x3000 -nv_disable=1
IMG_5391.JPG

Started a new thread, will update this thread again once Nvidia releases drivers for High Sierra. Thanks for everyone's input.

Hello everyone,

I just bought a Radeon Rx 560 card to replace my Geforce GT 1050Ti.

It feels like an entire new project, with new glitches and errors to iron out, and I'm hoping someone can help me.

I'm trying to work off of the working build I had with the Nvidia card. I've installed the Lilu and whatevergreen kext files into the Other folder. I've also included the custom boot flags -lilubeta and -ngfxbeta. But I haven't made any other changes to my confid.plist.

I can't boot using safe mode, it hangs on PCI configuration begins.

Please can someone help? I'm including my config.plist if that helps.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 222
Here is a pic of where I'm stuck. It just keeps going doing the same thing over and over.

IMG_5400.JPG

Thanks Pete

I'll give it a bash and let you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back