Contribute
Register

X299 MSI High Sierra Build - Stable system. Looking for 4K monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update.

I got a EFI folder from a guy who has the same motherboard as me. So now, I'm not getting the kernel error anymore :clap:

But now, I'm getting either the plus sign error, or the Aptiofix error, depending on which Aptiofix combination I use. It seems as though the plus sign error is coming after the Aptiofix is loaded so that's the setup I'm using at the moment.

I have HFSPlus installed, it's not making a difference. Please help.

Update 08/19

I managed to boot into Mac OS High Sierra! :headbang::headbang:

Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 05.35.48.png

Thanks to everyone who helped, as well as all the EFI's made available general input on this and other forums. It's been a bit of a trainwreck, but I managed to work my way through a million hangs and error codes.

But now, the post-installation starts.

And I'm not getting anywhere.

Here are the problems I'm currently struggling with:
  1. I can't get BIOS to recognise the Mac SSD EFI as a boot option.I have to hit F11 everytime and navigate to the EUFI drive. How can I fix this?
  2. I can't get my GTX1050Ti to work. I've run the patch according to KGP's latest X299 guide. I've patched using nvidia driver updater, run the AGDPfix. I also worked through Problem #6. When I reboot using web drivers, my boot hangs with a IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0. error.
  3. Bluetooth doesn't work. I bought the Broadcom BCM94360. Wifi workedc OOB. Bluetooth is picking up under USB, but not showing under Bluetooth.

1. IMG_5379.JPG
Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 05.35.26.png

I'm sure there will be more, but for now these are my biggest issues.

If anyone can help me get past this, that would be great.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 05.35.48.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 05.35.48.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Update.

I got a EFI folder from a guy who has the same motherboard as me. So now, I'm not getting the kernel error anymore :clap:

But now, I'm getting either the plus sign error, or the Aptiofix error, depending on which Aptiofix combination I use. It seems as though the plus sign error is coming after the Aptiofix is loaded so that's the setup I'm using at the moment.

I have HFSPlus installed, it's not making a difference. Please help.

Can you run a diff between your previous config.plist and your current config.plist to see why it's booting now?

Can you run a diff between your previous config.plist and your current config.plist to see why it's booting now?

I tried to, but I'm an absolute noob so my skill level is very low. What I did figure out, is that the new EFI folder worked with all of my previous config files (as in went beyond that error), so I have to assume it has something to do with one of the drivers / kexts / something else.

Also, after successfully installing HS, I tried to install Sierra onto another partition, just to troubleshoot and explore whether an upgrade would be a cleaner process. NONE of my previous backup-ed EFI folders worked anymore! And I was getting brand new errors, so I honestly don't know.

I can send you the different EFI folders, if you're interested.

Hey Pete,

Special thanks to you, you got me going.

Ja, I think being stubborn really helps:) I've saved my EFI folders on key stages, so I'm pretty good.

Are you able to weigh in on any of my current issues? I'm updating it now.

Update 20/08

1. I still can't get BIOS to recognize the Mac SSD EFI as a boot option.I have to hit F11 every time and navigate to the EUFI drive. How can I fix this?
  2. I've managed to get the Nvidia drivers installed. It's picking up on overview and detail. But, my refresh rate is really poor, video play breaks up so something is still not right. I decided to test it with Cinebench, and Cinebench sees it as Apple Software renderer.
  3. Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 06.45.31.png
  4. Bluetooth doesn't work. I bought the Broadcom BCM94360. Wifi workedc OOB. Bluetooth is picking up under USB, but not showing under Bluetooth. Bluetooth is working in Windows 10, so I know the hardware is working.
  5. I used CPUS=1 to install HS. Problem is, switching it off lead to a lot of trouble. I had to use darkwake = 10 to get it to boot (no idea why or what it does). Booting takes around 3 minutes to complete, and the OS interface is unusably slow. Everything lags, even though the Cinebench test scores roughly the same as the Windows test.
Any help or suggestions will be appreciated, as always.

Update 08/22

I still haven't been able to make any progress on these.
Anyone?

Update 20/08

1. I still can't get BIOS to recognize the Mac SSD EFI as a boot option.I have to hit F11 every time and navigate to the EUFI drive. How can I fix this?
  2. I've managed to get the Nvidia drivers installed. It's picking up on overview and detail. But, my refresh rate is really poor, video play breaks up so something is still not right. I decided to test it with Cinebench, and Cinebench sees it as Apple Software renderer.
  3. View attachment 273363
  4. Bluetooth doesn't work. I bought the Broadcom BCM94360. Wifi workedc OOB. Bluetooth is picking up under USB, but not showing under Bluetooth. Bluetooth is working in Windows 10, so I know the hardware is working.
  5. I used CPUS=1 to install HS. Problem is, switching it off lead to a lot of trouble. I had to use darkwake = 10 to get it to boot (no idea why or what it does). Booting takes around 3 minutes to complete, and the OS interface is unusably slow. Everything lags, even though the Cinebench test scores roughly the same as the Windows test.
Any help or suggestions will be appreciated, as always.

Update 08/23

Morning,

I have managed to fix the cpus=1 issue. Running full 6 core now!
Remaining issues:
  1. Mac OS isn't using my graphics card, even though it's being recognised.
  2. BIOS isn't recognising my Mac EFI drive, so I can't set it as the fist boot option.
  3. Bluetooth still isn't working. It's picking up in system report (BCM20702A0). I've tried a couple of fixes, no luck yet.
  4. Audio not working. MSI X299 SLI motherboard, ALC1220 audio driver. Tried a few things, no luck yet.
Once these issues are ironed out, I should have a functioning Hackintosh. Will keep you all posted. Any advise welcome.

Hey pete,

I've managed to make progress. I went back into BIOS, and found a BBS setting which gave preference to Windows. I swopped it to Mac OS, and now I can see the OS EUFI, but not the Windows EUFI! But at least it lets me boot into Clover and then I can manage from there. Now I just need to find a way to get rid of the other 15 boot options in Clover!

Thanks in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back