Contribute
Register

X299 MSI High Sierra Build - Stable system. Looking for 4K monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks flexrac. It looks quite difficult, so I'm going to leave that for last:)

Update 08/25

I managed to get some audio working. I'm only getting feedback from the front earphone jack but it's a start.

Remaining issues:
  1. Mac OS isn't using my graphics card, even though it's being recognised.
  2. Bluetooth still isn't working. It's picking up in system report (BCM20702A0).
Almost there. Thanks everyone.

Update 08/23

Morning,

I have managed to fix the cpus=1 issue. Running full 6 core now!
Remaining issues:
  1. Mac OS isn't using my graphics card, even though it's being recognised.
  2. BIOS isn't recognising my Mac EFI drive, so I can't set it as the fist boot option.
  3. Bluetooth still isn't working. It's picking up in system report (BCM20702A0). I've tried a couple of fixes, no luck yet.
  4. Audio not working. MSI X299 SLI motherboard, ALC1220 audio driver. Tried a few things, no luck yet.
Once these issues are ironed out, I should have a functioning Hackintosh. Will keep you all posted. Any advise welcome.

Would you mind sharing how you managed to fix the CPUs=1 and UI laggyness ? I have a different rig but similar problem and they might be related.

Thank you

Update 08/28

I still have the same two problems:
  1. Mac OS isn't using my graphics card, even though it's being recognised. I think I'm going to start a new thread as I'm not getting anywhere with this.
  2. Bluetooth still isn't working. It's picking up in system report (BCM20702A0). What I did find that was interesting, is that in my System Report, I don't have any USB2 busses picking up, so I've got a feeling that will resolve both issues.
Almost there.

Thank you for the info man, gonna test this with my rig and see if it solves my problem... altho I'm not very hopeful, each beta release, the dual cpu support and errors get worse and worse.

Hey, got a similar Setup as you. Could you upload your EFI Folder? I‘ve always getting OsxAptioFix error.

Here you go. Hope you find it helpful.

Attachments

• LBMP EFI.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 200
Hi petri,
You changed the IOCPUNumber in the voodootscsync?
It has to be your thread count minus 1. So for your 6 core 12 threads it should be 11.

<key>IOCPUNumber</key>
<integer>11</integer>

Open package contents, open info.plist with textedit.

It won't fix your graphics issue or bluetooth though. We've just got to wait for the fixes I think...
Hey Pete,

No I didn't!
Will do it today, what does it do?

Pete,

Just checked, it is set to 11 so all good.

How is your power management? I managed to get mine fixed yesterday using KPG's new guide. But using Intel Power Gadget, it's still a bit erratic. Frequency is jumping between 1.8 and around 3 the whole time. Any suggestions, or do you think it's not really that big of a concern.

Thanks for all your help!

PS: You a rugby lover?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back