Contribute
Register

Wrong Display and Graphics Properties Detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
- kextcache output missing
- ioreg missing
I used the method you gave for backlight patching and its working okay except for the buttons. the guide says one may have to use a different code for his/ her keyboard, I seem not to find the right one for my keyboard. please help, am using the latest voodoops2controller.kext thanks

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
- kextcache output missing
- ioreg missing
Thanks a lot everything is working okay now, even sleep.

hello, thee's something I have been meaning to ask you. when I installed OS X on my machine the wifi range of my Atheros adapter dropped significantly, affecting even Windows. what might be the problem and is there any work arounds you know of?

Thanks a lot everything is working okay now, even sleep.
So I think am done setting up everything. I just have a few minor issues that I need you to help me solve:
So the issue I told you about my wi-fi signal strength reducing after installing OS X, which also happens to affect windows. I had Ralink adapter, but I bought and installed Qualcomm Atheros adapter after finding out my adapter isn't supported. Also, after installing the adapter, now bluetooth is completely not working on windows and on OS X. Please advice.
Another issue is with the backlight buttons, I successfully implemented the method you recommended and backlight slider is working but not the buttons, I followed the guide but got stuck on the way to finishing (Something with the ADB/ PS2 codes). also with the buttons, my keyboard is behaving weirdly, the backlight buttons (Up/ Down) mute and unmakes the audio, also the 5 digit of the numeric keypad when the num lock is off. please advice.
Also, I noticed that after installing OS X, I think I tampered with DSDT, not when I sit down the machine on any OS, the battery is drained, unless I shut it down forcefully with the ACPI button.
Lastly, ever since I installed, my Activity Monitor.app keeps crashing. I have the log attached.

Last edited:
So I think am done setting up everything. I just have a few minor issues that I need you to help me solve:
So the issue I told you about my wi-fi signal strength reducing after installing OS X, which also happens to affect windows. I had Ralink adapter, but I bought and installed Qualcomm Atheros adapter after finding out my adapter isn't supported. Also, after installing the adapter, now bluetooth is completely not working on windows and on OS X. Please advice.
Another issue is with the backlight buttons, I successfully implemented the method you recommended and backlight slider is working but not the buttons, I followed the guide but got stuck on the way to finishing (Something with the ADB/ PS2 codes). also with the buttons, my keyboard is behaving weirdly, the backlight buttons (Up/ Down) mute and unmakes the audio, also the 5 digit of the numeric keypad when the num lock is off. please advice.
Also, I noticed that after installing OS X, I think I tampered with DSDT, not when I sit down the machine on any OS, the battery is drained, unless I shut it down forcefully with the ACPI button.
Lastly, ever since I installed, my Activity Monitor.app keeps crashing. I have the log attached.

Read post #34.

Another issue is with the backlight buttons, I successfully implemented the method you recommended and backlight slider is working but not the buttons, I followed the guide but got stuck on the way to finishing (Something with the ADB/ PS2 codes). also with the buttons, my keyboard is behaving weirdly, the backlight buttons (Up/ Down) mute and unmakes the audio, also the 5 digit of the numeric keypad when the num lock is off.
into method label _Q10 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)\n
end;
into method label _Q11 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406//can't figure out these codes)\n
end;
please advice.

Attachments

• Problem Files.zip
    651.5 KB · Views: 59

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back