Contribute
Register

Would someone mind helping me with my Sierra build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I finally resolved the syntax error and put the .aml file in my patches folder, rebooted, and checked IORegistryExplorer. The ports that I want to show up there are all there, but the transfer speed to a Usb3 stick still doesn't seem right. It takes nearly 2 minutes to transfer a 1.3 gig file from my SSD to the stick.

I have done patches for Skylake
which are designed to work with Clover Hotpatch. They are on my Github. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Series-100-Patches

Did you disable ports in config.plist?

Did you disable ports in config.plist?
The only bit I saw in that guide for disabling the ports in config.plist was for keeping it under 15. I only used the motherboard ports so it's way below fifteen and didn't sound like I should do it. You think I should?

Every Skylake system has 26 ports. You need to disable at least 11 to bring total port count to 15 or less.

Every Skylake system has 26 ports. You need to disable at least 11 to bring total port count to 15 or less.
Okay so the USB stick I was getting slow write speeds on was just a shitty Sandisk stick. I tested it and a few others along with an external USB3 HDD and I am getting both read and write speeds at over 100 MB/s now. I am really not sure why I need to lower the port count if they are all work and I plan to snag up a case for the mobo next week. I don't know which ports will be used for the USB that will be on the case. I don't even know which case I am going to get yet. Anyways, do you think I really need to do the port limit and the IOAPIC fix if I am not experiencing any problems? At least for the IOAPIC fix, I don't really understand why it is needed or what it does. I read the entire link that was in the guide and it just doesn't seem like I am having any problems. Perhaps, I am just uneducated on the matter though.

It's up to you... If you don't use the ssdt-usb.aml, at the least, you should apply the 15 port limit patch.

If you feel the IOAPIC doesn't help you, you can delete the patch.

It's up to you... If you don't use the ssdt-usb.aml, at the least, you should apply the 15 port limit patch.

If you feel the IOAPIC doesn't help you, you can delete the patch.
I did use the ssdt-usb.aml file and it is working as far as I can tell. Only the ports I mapped are showing up in IOregistryexplorer, as they should be. I only mapped 6 ports though so there are only 6 in the SSDT-USB file. That is why I'm think the port limit doesn't need to be changed. It is already below 15 and will be at least until I start using the ports on the case. Does that make sense?

Also, I haven't done anything with the IOAPIC fix so I don't know if it would help anything. Just seems to me like everything is running smoothly now. I supposed I could start a project in Logic Pro X and see if the CPU and RAM is stable with a bunch of tracks and effects running.

I installed the IOAPIC fix. Things still seem to be mostly working. I did some recording and video editing yesterday and everything was snappy. There are a few things that are still a little funky though.

1) About 3/4ths through the booting screen, my display goes black and a couple seconds later it shows the login screen. This happens with a display on HDMI port ad the DP as well as both together. I'm using the nVidia web drivers and the GPU is an Asus GTX 950.

2)The displays don't always come back on after sleeping.

3)Even though my USB ports are mapped, system info still shows my USB 2 ports as USB3 @ 480 Mb/s. I suspect that this may be because I havent disabled the 15 port patch that I created with Multibeast. Could the SMBIOS have anything to do with this? I want to say that iMac 14.2 only had USB3 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back