Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] XPS 9570 Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to see that I use the same XPS 15, 9570 hardware. So far, I've successfully run MacOS Mojave and have been able to perform some design work steadily.

At present, the most important problem to be solved is that the SD card reader on XPS15, 9570 can not work properly. Because I work in photography, card reader is very important to me. I hope that through your efforts on this famous website, you can make it work properly.

The following is my current status of use, as well as the CONFIG configuration file I use, for your reference.

Relevant instructions and drivers I have uploaded in github!

https://github.com/shenlinsl/DELL-XPS-15-9570-8950-4K-macOS-Mojave/blob/master/README.md

equipment

UHD display 630
8950HK
DDR432GB Ram,
Killer Network Card does not work instead of DW1830
PM981 1TB does not work properly. Replace PRO9601 TB

work

Video card normal: Intel Graphics accellation (uhd630)
Wireless Bluetooth Normal: Wifi & Bluetooth (dw1830)
Sound Card Normal: Audio (13, 30)
Camera: working normally
Screen brightness: brightlight control (need keyboard setting F11, F12)
Sleep: Sleep is normal (cover is normal)
Display: Retina is normal
Touch Screen: Normal Drive
Touch board: Open gesture

Not working (problems to be solved)

HDMI Outside Screen Output will be restarted directly
1050TI graphics cards use SSDT shielding (can not be driven under macOS-Mojave system)
The hardware of SD card reader is not recognized and can not work properly.
Lightning splitting 3 equipment is not correctly identified (no equipment testing can work properly)
Battery capacity identification 82 watts, the actual battery capacity is 95 watts. (Capacity is not correctly identified)
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Excellent guide, Shenlinsl! I followed your setup and had a couple of questions.

Sleep: Sleep is normal (cover is normal)

When i close the lid or when I put the 9570 to sleep, I can't get it to wake. How did you get it to wake?

PM981 1TB does not work properly. Replace PRO9601 TB

Do you think I'll have issues with the Samsung PRO 970?

Samsung PRO 970 No problem.

Excellent guide, Shenlinsl! I followed your setup and had a couple of questions.

When i close the lid or when I put the 9570 to sleep, I can't get it to wake. How did you get it to wake?

Do you think I'll have issues with the Samsung PRO 970?

I use the xps15 9570 87504k screen, the screen closure is all right, there is also a 1080 screen is not normal. It's not clear what model you're using.

All the files I use have been uploaded.All the files I use have been uploaded. You can refer to them. https://github.com/shenlinsl/DELL-XPS-15-9570-8950-4K-macOS-Mojave/blob/master/README.md

I also have the 4K screen. The machine sleeps fine but when I try to wake it up, it flashes and goes to black screen.

Also, are your dual booting windows 10? Any issues with the DW1830 card on the Windows side?

Hello, I'm very new to all of this and have been trying for a few days to install macOS Mojave on my XPS15 9570. I've created a partitioned bootable USB with shenlinsi's "DELL-XPS-15-9570-8950-4K-macOS-Mojave OSInstaller" EFI folder copied to it and am able to boot. I choose to install macOS and after a while it seems to go into this kind of constant loop of errors that I've attached a photo of. Any advice would be great, thanks!

Attachments

• macOS Loop error.jpg
    macOS Loop error.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 90
Update: I replaced my Mojave install on the USB drive with the 10.14.2 installer and have successfully booted into the macOS setup now. I've removed all partitions on the 9570 SSD and created one Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition. I run the Mojave install and it get's to around 75% and crashes to some command line codes and quickly reboots and fails. Not sure what to try at this point. Thanks.

I run the Mojave install and it get's to around 75% and crashes to some command line codes and quickly reboots and fails. Not sure what to try at this point. Thanks.

Not sure what kind of SSD you have but I had a similar issue in the past where the Mojave installer failed with a panic. Mine was a PM981 which turns out wasn't compatible, so I've replaced the SSD with a Samsung 970 EVO, which after the installer completed without any issues. The Buyers Guide has a list of compatible SSDs you may want to consider.

Not sure what kind of SSD you have but I had a similar issue in the past where the Mojave installer failed with a panic. Mine was a PM981 which turns out wasn't compatible, so I've replaced the SSD with a Samsung 970 EVO, which after the installer completed without any issues. The Buyers Guide has a list of compatible SSDs you may want to consider.
Thank you, it looks like only a few SSDs are supported. I have the PC401 NVMe SK hynix 512GB. Also, which Wifi card are you running?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back