Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] XPS 9570 Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced the original 1TB NVMe Toshiba XG4 THNSN51T02DUK by a 2TB WD Blue 3D NAND M.2 SATA as my internal SSD. I previously formatted (OSX Extended Journaled) the newly replaced SSD with my Mac and put it back in my Dell XPS laptop. This new SSD is not an NVMe drive. I think by doing this I have a 4k sector drive. Am I right in thinking so?

I will try your set-up sometimes today and do a follow-up.

Thanks for sharing your files!

You will have to boot into Linux and verify the sector size, see instructions here: https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/blob/master/4k_sector.md

4k LBA tweaking is only something you do for NVMe SSDs, not SATA SSDs.

Sorry for the late reply folks. The SMBIOS I provided in my config might be causing issues as it doesn't work by default in earlier versions of High Sierra.

If that's the case, five MacbookPro14,3 smbios a shot.

I've not had much time to work on this but I'm hoping to get native graphics support by using Mojave. As of right now, I get a reboot straight after verbose logs.
Bonjour Andy,

I copied over the content of the EFI.zip provided by bavariancake but it did not work straight out. The only way was to do what you suggested, I've changed the product model to MacbookPro14,3 smbios using Clover. What I would like to do is to be able to configure it to the appropriate architecture MacBookPro15,1. How can I change this to the proper smbios? I did try MacBookPro15,1 but it does not work. I've got: "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform". I'm not as familiar as I should be with Clover maybe. I don't believe I can change this later on in the process. Can I? If so, how?

In a nutshell how can I configure my Dell Laptop to MacBookPro15,1 without any error installing it? Any one successful out there?

Many thanks.
PM

Bonjour Andy,

I copied over the content of the EFI.zip provided by bavariancake but it did not work straight out. The only way was to do what you suggested, I've changed the product model to MacbookPro14,3 smbios using Clover. What I would like to do is to be able to configure it to the appropriate architecture MacBookPro15,1. How can I change this to the proper smbios? I did try MacBookPro15,1 but it does not work. I've got: "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform". I'm not as familiar as I should be with Clover maybe. I don't believe I can change this later on in the process. Can I? If so, how?

In a nutshell how can I configure my Dell Laptop to MacBookPro15,1 without any error installing it? Any one successful out there?

Many thanks.
PM

You can't use MacBookPro15,x unless you're running the special build of 10.12.6 that supports these models, or Mojave.

I'm installing Mojave on a xps 9570, I'm trying to follow your guide, but I don't know where to find the kext files you used. Where can I download those files?

I'm installing Mojave on a xps 9570, I'm trying to follow your guide, but I don't know where to find the kext files you used. Where can I download those files?
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I am having a hard time trying to get through the High Sierra installer. Dell XPS 9570 is randomly restarting, even sometimes without seemingly doing anything. (ie when waiting for user input, but I'm not even touching it).

Can some of you who have successfully installed macOS (High Sierra or Mojave, I don't mind) provide the BIOS settings and version? Thanks in advance.

(PS: I have a Samsung MZVLB512HAJQ NVMe drive, not the original Toshiba. I wonder whether that has anything to do with it...)

I am having a hard time trying to get through the High Sierra installer. Dell XPS 9570 is randomly restarting, even sometimes without seemingly doing anything. (ie when waiting for user input, but I'm not even touching it).

Can some of you who have successfully installed macOS (High Sierra or Mojave, I don't mind) provide the BIOS settings and version? Thanks in advance.

(PS: I have a Samsung MZVLB512HAJQ NVMe drive, not the original Toshiba. I wonder whether that has anything to do with it...)

Where are you downloading the High Sierra installer from? I cannot find it in the App Store anymore.

I have an old copy but when I try to install it with this copy, the partitions display grey-ed out & locked because the "version is older than my current version" which is false since I have no current version.

Where are you downloading the High Sierra installer from?

It's worth noting that you'll only see old versions of Mac OS X that you've downloaded under Purchased - if you never downloaded it (or if it was never on the Mac App Store), that version will not be in your Purchased section. I did, so I have the official installer ready, straight from the Mac APP Store.

I'm glad to see that I use the same XPS 15, 9570 hardware. So far, I've successfully run MacOS Mojave and have been able to perform some design work steadily.

At present, the most important problem to be solved is that the SD card reader on XPS15, 9570 can not work properly. Because I work in photography, card reader is very important to me. I hope that through your efforts on this famous website, you can make it work properly.

The following is my current status of use, as well as the CONFIG configuration file I use, for your reference.

Relevant instructions and drivers I have uploaded in github!

https://github.com/shenlinsl/DELL-XPS-15-9570-8950-4K-macOS-Mojave/blob/master/README.md

equipment

UHD display 630
8950HK
DDR432GB Ram,
Killer Network Card does not work instead of DW1830
PM981 1TB does not work properly. Replace PRO9601 TB

work

Video card normal: Intel Graphics accellation (uhd630)
Wireless Bluetooth Normal: Wifi & Bluetooth (dw1830)
Sound Card Normal: Audio (13, 30)
Camera: working normally
Screen brightness: brightlight control (need keyboard setting F11, F12)
Sleep: Sleep is normal (cover is normal)
Display: Retina is normal
Touch Screen: Normal Drive
Touch board: Open gesture

Not working (problems to be solved)

HDMI Outside Screen Output will be restarted directly
1050TI graphics cards use SSDT shielding (can not be driven under macOS-Mojave system)
The hardware of SD card reader is not recognized and can not work properly.
Lightning splitting 3 equipment is not correctly identified (no equipment testing can work properly)
Battery capacity identification 82 watts, the actual battery capacity is 95 watts. (Capacity is not correctly identified)

Attachments

• DELL-XPS-15-9570-8950-4K-macOS-Mojave OSInstaller.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 264
  • DELL-XPS-15-9570-8950-4K-macOS-Mojave .plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 256
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back